Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > help    

help

desdemona85
Turkey

help

hello , I have been English teacher for four years in Turkey but I realized that I began to forget English slowly I have no chance to make practice with native speakers so I am very unhappy .What can I do about this? I wait for your advice...

27 Jun 2011      

ribbon
Turkey

DEAR MY COLLEAGUE UR QUESTION IS EASY IF YOUR BUDGET IS ABOVE THE STANDARTS YOU CAN GO ABROAD WHERE ENGLISH IS SPOKEN AS A MOTHER TANGUE NOT A SECOND LANGUAGE.

27 Jun 2011     

Naoom
Palestine

It is the same problem. I am from Palestine. but i try to listen and always read english. I also share in  alot of english sites such as the cafe here .you will read and write .try to do the same if you can not go abroad like me

27 Jun 2011     

ueslteacher
Ukraine

If you could find some part-time job as an interpreter, that would be perfect I guess. I love interpreting and it helps the fluency too. 
Other things I do to stay in the grove:
read in English online,
watch series online,
chat in English,
speak to my colleagues in English,
communicate with Peace Corps volunteers from America who work where I live.
I hope these ideas will help you. Don �t loose heart.
Sophia

27 Jun 2011     

ebrahmi
Tunisia

Well, dear desdemona85, I �ve faced the same problem and this is what I �ve been doing to tackle it:

- I read online English newspapers almost daily. In fact, I �ve bookmarked two of them.

- I often download movies -- even Korean and Taiwanese ones -, get English subtitles for them, wear headphones and enjoy watching them and learning English at the same time. If I come acoss a new word, I just look it up in my electonic dictionary and explain it.

- I �ve friends on Facebook -- most of them are ESL teachers like me -- and though my mother tongue is Arabic, I make sure I always chat with them in English.

I hope this will help.

ebrahmi

28 Jun 2011