Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > WORD OF THE DAY    

WORD OF THE DAY

GIOVANNI
Canada

WORD OF THE DAY

Thank you for choosing me as the winner.  Try giving us the funniest, wierdest, and most entertaining definition for this word.  I �m sure you can come up with something to give us a chuckle for the day. 

acatamathesia
Have a great Sunday.

3 Jul 2011      

Zora
Canada

You know all about those horses that know how to count? Well, acatamathesia is the feline version. In recent feline studies, cats were shown to understand the multiplication table better than any four-legged animal... humans included. It �s just that cats couldn �t give a darn if everybody knows that they know it or not since math is not really a high priority in their lives... unless you count the hours of napping a day that they need!

3 Jul 2011     

PhilipR
Thailand

Acatamathesia: temporary dyslexia due to sunstroke in the Chilean desert

3 Jul 2011     

edrodmedina
United States

It is a special mat that cause cats to fall almost intantly asleep (like they really need an excuse); sort of like a anesthesia for cats. A CAT MAT THESIA I promised that I would never again contribute to the cute cat pollution on the internet but....

3 Jul 2011     

elderberrywine
Germany

it �s an attack of bad bronchitis and coughing alleviated with hot milk and honey.
The beginning of the word "acatama" mirrors the dry cough (didn �t your Mum tell you for years to quit smoking?) - but then she reacts more mildly and brings you a drink of hot milk with honey which you drink immediately - and just listen to the rest of the word "thesia" : eith the long "e" everything has become soft and smooth again, you can breathe freely and your throat doesn �t feel as if you had eaten sandpaper any more!
Thanks, Mum,
and ....
I �ll give up smoking on Monday, .... promise!

3 Jul 2011