Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Make suggestions, report errors > Reading for Intermediate Teen Students    

Reading for Intermediate Teen Students

lapaoiza
Argentina

Reading for Intermediate Teen Students

Hello everyone,

I�d like to ask you some suggestions about books (readers/readings) for Intermediate students. they are between 14 and 19 years old and I am finding it difficult to find one that suits them.

Thanks in advance!

Paola

10 Jul 2011      

boydegg
Thailand

Comics. Not just super hero comics - there �s a massive variety of comics available on all kinds of subjects and for all kinds of genres. It �s a very engaging story telling medium. Brian

10 Jul 2011     

lalla99
Romania

I have used Scholastic graded readers - I can recommend Billy Elliot (Pre intermediate) the book based on the film, about a young boy breaking out of the mould to get into the world of ballet. I think teenagers would find it a good story - especially if they get to see the whole film afterwards! The readers give lots of extra material at the back of the books for ideas - this book is set in the north of England and  there are a couple of pages describing a typical town and the daily lives in that area.

I also use the Penguin Readers and Oxford bookworms graded texts, even the more difficult classic books are made more accessible through this series. The one I use with many adults - and I see no reason why it wouldn �t be good for teenagers - is the No 1 Ladies Detective Agency by Alexander Mccall Smith, which is set in Botswana, Africa. Three of the 12 originals can be found in the Penguin Readers graded texts at Pre-intermediate and Intermediate levels. Chapters can be read in isolation and lots of questions e.g What will the detective do, what would you do etc can be used, not to mention the potential for discussion on the problems posed by the clients and the country they live in.

Caroline

10 Jul 2011     

lapaoiza
Argentina

thanks for your replies! I appreciate both of your answers.

Paola

10 Jul 2011     

Yolandaprieto
Spain

Burlington publishes graded books for all ages and students really love them.

Yolanda

11 Jul 2011