Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Can you REALLY not think about school, students or teaching....    

Can you REALLY not think about school, students or teaching....

libertybelle
United States

Can you REALLY not think about school, students or teaching....

Dear colleagues!
Can you REALLY,HONESTLY,
CROSS YOUR HEART AND
PROMISE,
that you won�t think for one single minute in your holiday about:

students
curriculum
school
worksheets
text books
other teachers
homework
forgotten essays

or anything related to teaching????
huh? can you?

(I�m not sure I can - but I already know my mind has been warped by my work!)
*S*
Libertybelle

19 Dec 2008      

libertybelle
United States

Silke - you read my mind!!!
I so agree with you!
(if only the parents of our students knew how much time we use on their kids!!)LOL
At least we can keep each other company here at the ESlprintables messageboard!
I�ll bring the wine!!!

Hugs
L

19 Dec 2008     

cheezels
New Zealand

Woooo Hooooo I am not alone in my warped logic! I was just thinking today about the worksheets I want to create!!! And I am only part time! BUT I am already preparing stuff I know I have at the end of Jan.... At least its a good addiction.... hehe

19 Dec 2008     

Zora
Canada

Goodness, I am so glad that I am not the only crazy workaholic here! Wink I work through Christmas break and my mind is constantly trying to think of fun things to do for the ones coming... and the ones not coming, I�m... "hmmm.. what can I do with them in January!" LOL 

19 Dec 2008     

Anna P
Brazil

You are right!  We can�t stop thinking about school, students or teaching during vacations and� guess what? Not even after we retire!!!  Teaching is a never-ending passion.  It does not have expiration date or even time-out for the holidays!

19 Dec 2008     

maayyaa
Slovenia

I soooooooo agree with all you�ve said!!! I got home from work today, got behind my computer and started creating new worksheets Tongue

I always think that if I show my students that languages and learning languages can be fun, they will put more effort into learning - not that they do and they don�t always appreciate all the effort we, the teachers, put into making learning a fun experience, but at least I can say that I�ve given them the opportunity!

Happy holidays to ya all!!

And let�s try taking some time off to recharge our energy levels (not that ESL teachers ever lack that Wink)

19 Dec 2008     

arkel
Ireland

Hi everybody, I�ve just started my Christmas holidays and all I can think of is how I can create really useful printables now that I have time. I still wonder what will happen to me if I ever have to look for a job!!!! (I�ve been running my own school for 26 years, so maybe I have one!) I can honestly say I�ve never looked on this as work. I wish you all a peaceful and happy Christmas and everything you could wish for in 2009. Love Rosemary. (Irish with a Spanish flag, referring to an earlier topic!)

19 Dec 2008