Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Make suggestions, report errors > English schools in UK and USA    

English schools in UK and USA

elisestaves
United Kingdom

English schools in UK and USA

Hi everyone,

I hope you are well.

I have a student who has just finished an intermediate course and wants to study abroad for a short time (1-3 months). He has mentioned the UK and USA but is open to opportunities, although cost will ultimately be the decider. He lives in Salvador, Brazil.

Can anyone suggest some schools in London, New York, Los Angeles or other main US cities that have good courses, focussing in conversation and pronunciation, for my ex-student? He is a great student so I hope to find him somewhere good.

Thanks,

Elise

17 Jul 2011      

joy2bill
Australia

Why not Surfers Paradise in Australia? I have had many Brazilian students in  my class over the years. They love the Gold Coast because we have similar weather and a relaxed culture which they love while also having extremely good English classes. My school, Embassy, has been voted top school yet again in the Studygroup region downunder.
Anyway just a thought.
Cheers Joy

17 Jul 2011