Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > a suitable movie     

a suitable movie

sweet hannah
Egypt

a suitable movie

Dear Esl Teachers,

I intend to prepare a movie for my students but time is a problem. I �m searching for a short movie - half an hour or an hour maximum- suitable for 13- year-old students with a good theme to run a discussion after watching it. Nothing INTERESTING came to my mind. I need your help. If you can suggest any short interesting movies, I �ll be grateful.

Thanks a lot

24 Jul 2011      

edrodmedina
United States

The movie based on the book Holes was very good and I think would appeal to 13 year olds. I don�t think you�ll find a full feature movie that is only 1 hr long though.

24 Jul 2011     

ueslteacher
Ukraine

I �d say "Cyberbully" 2011, but it �s 2 hours long. You could divide it into 30 min sessions. BTW there are plenty of scenes in the movie to end a session with, leaving your ss in suspense wondering what will happen next :) that will definitely spike an after-watching discussion.
See the movie trailer here.
Sophia

24 Jul 2011     

sweet hannah
Egypt

Thanks a lot. I �ve watched Holes - a great suggestion. I �ve not seen Cyberbully , but I like the idea very much. Thank you both  Ed and Sophiea

24 Jul 2011     

melnoad
Canada

I really like showing Mr. Bean as they can all understand his body language, and they will have to discuss in English what he is doing, what problems he runs into, etc. Charlie Chaplain is also great for this.

There are also cartoon shorts that are really good. Pixar has a whole DVD of them.

25 Jul 2011     

teachergisele
Brazil

Dear,

I�d suggest SPIDERWICK CHRONICLES.Take a look at the link of the movie:

My stds really loved it!

Hugs and kisses,

Gisele

25 Jul 2011