Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning worksheets > Reported Worksheets    

Reported Worksheets

julianach22
Argentina

Reported Worksheets

I �m tired of this. My worksheets have been reported and I don �t know why.
The first time it was supposedly because it contained vocabulary in Spanish. I think this is unfair since it was an irregular verbs list and I think it useful for students to have the possible translations of the verbs.
What really upsets me is that I wrote the admin a private message and never got a reply. I think that �s very rude. You at least owe me an explanation.
This time, my jobs and occupations worksheet has been reported. I can �t possibly understand why since it is part of a set and the first parts have been downloaded and not reported.
I would like the admin to let people know who the person who reports their worksheet is, because I think they deserve an explanation.

I am really upset and I really needed to unload all my feelings.

What do you think fellows?

29 Jul 2011      

bookwormteacher
Argentina

To know why your worksheet has been reported I understand! To know who reported it...why? what for? Why would anyone like to report your worksheet just because!!! 

29 Jul 2011     

mena22
Portugal

Well, I think you should calm down.

I paid a visit to the reported contributions page and found out that your worksheet was reported because it contains copyrighted clipart from Iclipart.com.

As for the other worksheet of yours that has been reported, well, according to the rules of the site our work has to be 100% in English, no matter how useful you may think it is using another language.

Victor, the webmaster of the site, is an extremely busy person, so, please, do not feel upset if you don �t get a reply right away, I mean, can you imagine the thousands of private messages and emails he receives every day? On the other hand, I really don �t think he really "owes" us anything. he is a teacher just like us and this is kind of a hobby, not his "job".

Please, take a deep breath and try to calm down.
Have a good evening,
mena

29 Jul 2011     

zailda
Brazil

Hi Juliana!

Some of the members would agree with you that lists of verbs with translations are useful, but they �re not exactly "original" work, since there are many of them over the internet. BTW, all the wss uploaded here must be 100% in English and every member has to agree with the rules before joining the site.

The site iclipart doesn �t allow its members to use the pictures it sells, so Victor added the option to report wss containing iclipart graphics. Watermarked clipart hasn �t been allowed for a long time, so it �s not a surprise when they are reported.

The wss are reported according to the rules and the moderators check and vote them to stay or go, depending on the case. Victor adopted this system because he doesn �t have the time to check each reported ws and it works very well - if you ask me.

Whether we agree or not with the rules, rules are rules and we have to obey to avoid unnecessary headaches.

Have a nice day / evening!

Zailda

29 Jul 2011     

melahel7
Canada

Julia, I sent you a PM.  Mena, Zailda, you are always there to lay a helping hand and you do it with calm and decency.  I really hope that many members get to see this post.  We are not allowed to using cliparts from iclipart.com, even if you have a membership.   If you do it, we �ll be forced to keep reporting them.  I wish I could find the original post in which we first delt with this issue.  Please, let �s make a collective effort and avoid having this great web-community to be shutdown. 

29 Jul 2011     

pilarmham
Spain

"You at least owe me an explanation".

Owe? Why? I must admit I don �t know why your worksheet was reported, but I have to say your tone is simply not acceptable. 

29 Jul 2011     

Jayho
Australia

Hi Juliana

Before you unload your feelings it would be most wise to read this very important page, especially the dot points under the sub-heading of Contributions (esp. 2nd & 4th dp�s).  Afterall, we advise our very own students to read all the instructions first, don�t we.  An effective teacher practices what they preach.

Cheers

Jayho

29 Jul 2011     

David Lisgo
Japan

This is not the original post which dealt with the topic but it is relevant. http://www.eslprintables.com/forum/topic.asp?id=22196

29 Jul 2011     

blunderbuster
Germany

I do agree with Julia in one respect: Being reported, being given the chance to defend yourself in written form and never getting a reply IS unsatisfactory and I do not know how many times I have pointed that yout already. Maybe that option should go away.

Regards

29 Jul 2011     

Zora
Canada

I think worksheets that are reported because of Clipart should be a warning; not an immediately removal. I think the member should be given the chance to fix the problem and then, if it �s not fixed in a period of a week, it could be removed.

I have seen wonderful worksheets removed because of clipart watermarks that you need a magnifying glass to even see.

And contrary to what many may think, the owner of a site does actually owe his members/clients an answer. WE are what made the site what it is, WE contribute our time and work, tell our friends, moderate, etc. Things in life always go BOTH ways and we must remember that.

29 Jul 2011     

Mariethe House
France

@Zora:Thumbs Up

29 Jul 2011     

1    2    Next >