Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Help me please!    

Help me please!

Hanni9
Vietnam

Help me please!

Do you know this game, it may be a famous gameshow in England. You combine two pictures and guess the word. Here is the Key: there are two things in the picture: it is a lock and a cap, so I can get the word :CAPSLOCK.
Anyone can tell me the name of that game show or can you give me some pictures and some website where I can download this game. Thanks in advance

29 Jul 2011      

gabitza
Romania

Visual puns ?!
�light beer�

http://www.worth1000.com/contests/12103/visual-puns-4

29 Jul 2011     

serene
Greece

A PictoWords game?

29 Jul 2011     

Redbull
Thailand

You could be looking for this game of the 80 �s

And it �s called.......catchphrase.....the picture and catchphase is..........hand on job or is it job in handWink.

REDBULL GIVES YOU WINGS YOU KNOWWink.

29 Jul 2011     

almaz
United Kingdom

I �d call it a rebus - the sort of word-play that ***bull �s �Catchphrase � was based on. By the way, Adrian, why so untypically coy? Unless, of course, the rebus in your picture refers to the type of person who always signs off with an annoying advertising slogan - and doesn �t even get paid for it.  Wink

29 Jul 2011     

edrodmedina
United States

Alex, do you mean that the word "on" should be excluded from the phrase?

29 Jul 2011     

almaz
United Kingdom

Absolutely, Eduardo!

BTW, There �s a helluva lot of character in that wee grandson of yours already. Approve

29 Jul 2011     

edrodmedina
United States

Yes there is. Every time I look at him it warms the cockles of my heart. Ed

30 Jul 2011     

Redbull
Thailand

@ Almaz.... Please tell all that don �t get what it is you are really trying to say, the true meaning behind this phrase of yours......why so untypically coy? Unless, of course, the catchphrase in your picture refers to the type of person, who, who always signs off with an annoying advertising slogan.

HAND JOB = W***er right, is this what you are trying to say Almaz? or am I completely wrong here and you have no malicious thoughts.

30 Jul 2011     

almaz
United Kingdom

Ooops, you seem to have missed out the relevant part: - and doesn �t even get paid for it. So, how much are they paying? Do you get paid per line or are you on some annual retainer? Do you actually like the stuff?

30 Jul 2011     

Redbull
Thailand

Well Almaz my annoying slogan must be working on you as you have the time to comment about it.....so is the repeating of the annoying slogan from me or just simply you don �t like my ways and what I say on this website!
Perhaps it �s the mixture of the two Almaz Wink.
And to answer some of the simple questions you would like to know.
No I don �t get paid for these slogans "BUT" it �s part of who I am. And Yes I drink it all the time, on it �s own or with Vodka.
Now what about answering my question Almaz?
HAND JOB = W***er right, is this what you are trying to say Almaz?

30 Jul 2011     

1    2    Next >