Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Avatar!    

Mabdel
Morocco

Dearest Mariethe!
I regularly change my avatar but I often opt for this one simply because it reminds me of my home village.
Have a nice weekend.

30 Jul 2011     

valentinaper
Greece

Such nice stories again...thank you for that, Mariethe!

Ladies and gentlemen, I �d like you to meet MonteCristo! This is my avatar, a character created by a very famous cartoonist in Greece, called Arkas. This filthy, selfish mouse is the companion of a manwho is in jail for life but claims to be innocent. (My friends actually think I am like the prisoner more.) MonteCristo is always deceiving him, but sometimes he shows the true friend that he really is.
I suppose I chose this guy because I love the fact that he has the guts to stand up to almost anybody who messes with him. I believe him to be a very kind character at heart, although he is ironic and cynical most of the time. Here is a picture of him with his friend-the prisoner for life, who looks innocent, I must say.
I wish I could be more like him!

Here�s a link to the English version of Arkas� comics. Altough most of his jokes are verbal and therefore not easy to convey in another language, the translators have done a pretty good job!

30 Jul 2011     

almaz
United Kingdom

I chose this one because the thistle symbolises my country of birth (I bet you didn �t know I was Scottish) while the yellow and red striped banner represents my adopted country (Catalonia).

It is, of course, purely coincidental that the whole is also one of many logos used by my favourite football team, the mighty Partick Thistle* (founded 1876 and still limping along in the Scottish First Division).

*related trivia for our US friends: Thistle is also the favourite team of the talk show host, Craig Ferguson.

30 Jul 2011     

misseleonora
Argentina

If there are dogs side and cats side, I used to be dogs all the way, till somebody dipped me into the cats world. When my daughter, a couple of years ago, wanted a pet I said a big NO, little by little I came to terms with the idea and accepted adopting a kitten. 
Since then I �ve learnt cats are wise, patient, mysterious, independent, guardians, mystic,  affectionate and respectful. Some of the adjectives I pray for myself.

30 Jul 2011     

ldthemagicman
United Kingdom

Dear Mariethe,

My avatar is a photo of myself, when I was younger.

Why do I call myself "LD The Magic Man"?

In addition to being a Teacher, I am a professional Magician, entertaining with Magic, Balloon-Animals, and Circus Skills, at Children �s and Adult �s Parties.  Also, I often do Close-Up Magic, hopping from table-to-table, "Table-Hopping", in International Restaurants, for overseas visitors.  (Unless you are fit, I wouldn �t recommend "Table-Hopping" --- you can easily break your leg!)

Why am I called "ldthemagicman"?

Because my name is Les(lie) Douglas, and all the children call me "The Magic Man".

Simple, really!

Les 

30 Jul 2011     

Manuvdb 66
Italy

Dear Mariethe, I must say that I am quite curious too about avatars chosen by other members of this site... ... well I �m not that original but I chose this picture because it is very special to me! I �m quite sentimental and this is a photo of my sweet and beloved daughter Sara and me: I love this picture so much because it was taken on a beach of St. Tropez that is the place where I met my husband, her father! Have a nice weekend! Manuela

30 Jul 2011     

zuzanavilma
Slovakia

Hello,
Mine is a photo of my little kitten. I took a picture of him just as he was yawning after I had woken him up. I love cats and this one is my favourite.
Zuzana

30 Jul 2011     

Lucia13
Armenia

I am usally for putting our real photos and for a long time I had put a picture of me together with my students,but I grew tire of it so from time to time I change my avatars according to my mood.
The latest one(let me mention that I always have a hard time changing an avatar,it says it has been saved but then I get the old pic back) I just loved the picture�at the first sight,maybe this represents me,some inner part of me...I don �t know,but I love the combination of the colors of red,white and black...
and there�s smth soo romantic and sensitive about this picture...

31 Jul 2011     

maggiejeria
Chile

Dear Mariethe:

My avatar is a rabbit.
The real story is that I have a special rabbit at home as a pet,  who�s name is "Conej�n", He is white and soft and he is really clever, because he acts just  like a dog; when you call him, he comes right away, he sniffes you, licks you, and plays with your shoes.  He sits like a prince and puts its rabbit�s foot together in a very elegant way.

Well, I also have to say that I must thank Julieta, because she taught me how to put it as an avatar.

This is the picture of my real "Conej�n".

31 Jul 2011     

Mulle
Denmark

My avatar is a book. I love books! Books play an important role in our lives. "I Live for Books" is a famous quote by former president Thomas Jefferson. Another one is: "I cannot live without books". That �s how I feel, too. :-)

31 Jul 2011     

< Previous   1    2    3    Next >