Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > Caption Contest     

Caption Contest

seansarto
United States

Caption Contest

Wow!...The dog has its day!... I haven �t won anything, in like, 15 years.....Incredible!... Awesome!...Thanks for the honor...I thought the "Moor, please!" bit was kind of a tacky...But, hey, what do I know?...I was pretty excited about the "Thy tongue, thy anchor"  though....That was a personal breakthrough for me in the caption contest...I had to go to the mirror after that one, to see if anything had changed..It was like an epiphany...I began rantin � an � ravin � around the apartment here in China...I wanted to write a play!.."The Whistleblower"!...Some kind of Shakespearian tragedy!... I thought, "Now! I will unleash the TRUE POWER of this caption game! � LOL...Then I got tired...Little dogs on the streets were barkin � at me...The neighbors were givin � me funny looks...That �s when the bubble burst  and I struck upon, "Moor, please"...Alas, coy creature, "creative process"!...The thorns I bear for thee!...In the end, I thought, maybe I should try the "Even if you win, you lose" strategy more often (After all, teachers do seem to love that)....Because, I mean...Hey! At least you still WIN!

Here �s yet another earlier pathetic bid by me to grasp elusive victory...This is a photoshopper I did for one of my classes here in China. That �s the U.S. swimming medalist, Michael Phelps, to the right and the ecstatic gentleman to the left, with the hole in the armpit of his shirt, is yours truly. I told the students that the Olympic officials had �officially� removed my image from all media because my appearance was deemed "disgraceful" to the games. That�s why they had never heard of �Sean Sarto�, U.S. Olympic gold medalist...because of stupid Olympic "dress code" rules. The lesson was something like, �Sometimes TRUE champions are hard to recognize, kids� but the Chinese students still weren�t buyin� it.

What do you think? Have some fun with it. I don �t mind. TCB (Takin� Care of Business).

31 Jul 2011      

Jayho
Australia

Score: A hole in won!

31 Jul 2011     

Mariethe House
France

Congratulations Sean for winning.
I love this picture! Must wake up first and shall think of a caption later! Mind you Jayho �s is not bad!!Wink

here�s my caption:

Man with a hole in his sweater, looking for a lady dancing with a hole in her stocking.

HELP ME ~ Joni Mitchell from Ambriel Charm on Vimeo.

31 Jul 2011     

valentinaper
Greece

There was a man who loved swimming,
and he was so fond of winning,
that he would loudly cheer and cheer!
But he should be holding a pint of beer
instead of putting his hands up in the air,
as officials said he wasn �t supposed to be there.
Thus, due to the fault of a tailor,
Sean went to China as a sailor!

I am soooo glad that you were excited to win the caption contest. To tell you the truth, I thought I was the only one who jumped up and down and applauded myself when I first won this!Big smile

31 Jul 2011     

Mar0919
Mexico

The newes trend in the Olympics, when you cheer for someone, you must yell, raise your arm and show  your own "ring"! (hole!) LOL

31 Jul 2011     

valentinaper
Greece

Or maybe you wanted to create a sixth olympic circle?

1 Aug 2011