Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > Caption Contest Winner    

Caption Contest Winner

seansarto
United States

Caption Contest Winner

So, as the seduction goes�now, I must pass the cup...

Was a little disappointed in the scarcity of entries...(maybe, my post was a bit overwhelming)...Next time, (should it occur), I �ll do better to curb my enthusiasm. That being said: First I �d like to thank all my well-wishers. Really appreciated it. Edrod, jayho, valentinaper and, especially, Marie...You all really made my day. Thanks. Secondly, though there were few entries, the entries were all very strong and impressive which made making the choice very difficult. Exceptional pun, Jayho...saucy bit there, MarieApprove ...and a solid chuckler, Mar0919...but it was valentinaper �s poem that stood out for me. I thought it pretty creative. Here �s the caption:

There was a man who loved swimming,

and he was so fond of winning,

that he would loudly cheer and cheer!

But he should be holding a pint of beer

instead of putting his hands up in the air,

as officials said he wasn �t supposed to be there.

Thus, due to the fault of a tailor,

Sean went to China as a sailor!

So true there..."a pint of beer"...But a beer, for me, can be sour potion, in the absence of mirth, joy and good company.

Anyways, valentinaper, yer the winner! Congrats!...It �s kinda fun, I agree....Like they said about the LA Lakers.....3peat! 3peat! 3peat! Time for a yacht party! Stop whining, Kobe! (or something like that)

Over to you...

1 Aug 2011      

valentinaper
Greece

Thank you for nominating me, Sean! I have to say I �m no poet, but I really tried hard for this one!
By the way, I �ll virtually share a beer with you, I know it goes down smoother with company...Beer Cheers, mate!

1 Aug 2011