Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Grammar and Linguistics > Past simple and contionuous - is the text ok?    

Past simple and contionuous - is the text ok?

MJ_Misa
Czech Republic

Past simple and contionuous - is the text ok?

Hello, dear friends.
I am just working on a new ws and I created a short text. Could you please have a look at it and write me, if it �s OK?
Thank you very much for your help. Michaela

Last summer Carla was on holiday in the Czech Republic with her parents. One day they were visiting the zoo when something amazing happened. A little tiger was born. Carla and her parents were watching the birth through the window. It took several minutes before the cub stood up and started discovering the new world around it.  It was looking around and trying to climb on its mother.  She was licking his skin and they could see she liked her baby very much. Carla was really excited and she decided to adopt the cub. She went to the office and filled in the adoption form.

4 Aug 2011      

Mietz
Germany

I �m not a native speaker, but I think it sounds fine.
Nice story. :-)
Mietz

4 Aug 2011     

ldthemagicman
United Kingdom

Dear Michaela, 

EXCELLENT!

Les

5 Aug 2011     

Apodo
Australia

Your English is excellent :)
....but your facts need correction:
I don �t think the cub would be �looking around � - How about �feeling around � ?

The tiger cubs � eyes will open sometime between six to twelve days. However, they do not have their full vision for a couple of weeks.

5 Aug 2011     

libertybelle
United States

I think the cub would be climbing up on its mother.
You also changed the gender from it to him.
Perhaps you should choose one gender and stick to it.  (his skin)

Otherwise a very fine text!!

5 Aug 2011     

MJ_Misa
Czech Republic

Thank you all. Smile

5 Aug 2011