Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > PUBLISHING DOUBTS    

PUBLISHING DOUBTS

ingrid10
Spain

PUBLISHING DOUBTS

Hello my dearest worksheet colleagues!
I am trying to publish my first book and I have some doubts, for example I want to make my material more attractive by adding bottom page drawings that are not going to bring me illegal problems, does anybody know drawings to be used in the publishing of books that do not bring copyrights problems? And bottom page drawings too?
Thanks in advance
P.S. I don �t know if bottom page drawings is the exact word but is like having the worksheet with drawings and no white area in the bottom.

5 Aug 2011      

ditku
Poland

Hello Ingrid!

This might be my personal opinion only, but I find those pictures extremely troublesome when it comes to printing. I need to delete every single one as my most-appreciated-device �s printing range is not a typical A4 format, but a little less.

According to me it �s OK not to have these at the bottom. Instead, you can add a frame or colour the whole page. ;)

EDIT: Oh, sorry! Seems like I misunderstood your intention. :) Right. ;)
I found this:

http://www.istockphoto.com/

5 Aug 2011     

libertybelle
United States

Ingrid - if you �re writing a book for publishing - why don �t you ask the publishers if they have an illustrator?  Most firms have a list of people who are good at this.
It will save you the headache of copyright problems and your drawings will be new and exactly as you want them to be.

5 Aug 2011     

Lucia13
Armenia

Since I have publishing a book in mind too,I consider the following options

Either I �ll buy copyrighted material that will allow me to use the drawings for commercial use
Or I �ll find an illustrator as suggested by libertybelle
Or create my own drawings,the other day,while searching for a coloring page in vain,I made up my mind to draw it myself and you know,it was not bad,it was simple but cute,

In my case when I fail to find a material I �m searching for I start making and creating my own one:)

Good luck with your book,
And let us know as soon as it �s published

5 Aug 2011