Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Hello everyone!    

Hello everyone!

student25
Poland

Hello everyone!

I would like to ask you for a little help. This year I am going to write my Master Thesis but I need a topic. Do you have any ideas for some interesting investigations? I thought about the management of the classroom and how does it affect the process of learning but I am not sure if this topic is to vague.. On the other hand, I don �t really want to write about motivation, stress or self-esteem because there was a lot of papers dedicated to such topics. If you have some interesting ideas, please let me know! :)  

8 Aug 2011      

ldthemagicman
United Kingdom

Hello, Student 25,

Master�s Thesis ---3,000 words

1)      From the Student�s point of view, what are the three most important aspects of Learning?  In this respect, to what extent are Students influenced by �Just-in-Case Learning� and �Just-in-Time Learning�.

2)      Speaking; Listening; Reading; Writing.  Which discipline has the most influence on the Learning of English, and why?

3)      What aspects of Classroom Management are vital to effective Learning?  List them, and give reasons for your choice.

4)      Compare the differences between a traditional �One-Teacher Lesson� and a �Two-Teacher Team Lesson�.  In both cases, what are the advantages and disadvantages?  Describe Learning activities which would optimise the Teacher-time available.    

5)      You are about to present a two-hour Lesson on your favourite topic.  Plan the Lesson, in detail, describing students, classroom layout, equipment, worksheets, methodology, theories employed, method of assessment and any other relevant factors.  Give the reasons for your choices.

6)      Is there one method of Teaching which is superior to all others?  If so, describe it, in detail.  If not, why not?  Give alternative solutions.  In all cases, support your answers with examples.

7)      �All work and no play, makes Jack a dull boy!�  Discuss this statement, in relation to Teaching, giving detailed examples.

8)      You are a Head Teacher, with a fixed budget, who has sole financial responsibility for the equipment of a new class.  In order of priorities, describe the equipment and other items that you think are essential for effective Teaching, (excluding classroom, furniture, and staff).

9)      Intelligence; Memory; Aptitude; Personality; Motivation.  Which of these characteristics of the Student affect language-learning the most, and why?

10)  Compare your time as a Learner with that of a present-day Learner.  Describe the advantages and disadvantages of the Teaching Methods and Teaching Materials used in each case.  Give examples.

All arguments must be supported by adequate, varied, relevant, up-to-date references, from a wide variety of sources --- books, journals, papers, Internet, etc. written strictly in accordance with the Reference System required by the University.

I hope that this helps.

Les

8 Aug 2011     

student25
Poland

Thank you! :)

9 Aug 2011