Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > SOS    

SOS

Evilmenina9
Peru

SOS

hEY GUYS, PLIZ, HELP ME i �M PREPARING A BULLETIN BOARD and what is the correct word for Actualidad!!! Editorial is the same Sports for deportes and for Actualidad!!!
pliz ... thanx in advance

11 Aug 2011      

edrodmedina
United States

Reality

11 Aug 2011     

Evilmenina9
Peru

thankx

11 Aug 2011     

yanogator
United States

Are you sure about that, Ed? Spanish "actual" and English "actual" are false cognates. In Spanish, it means "current", not "real", so I think the same is true of "actualidad". See this link:
I could be totally wrong about it.

Bruce

11 Aug 2011     

edrodmedina
United States

Could be Bruce ... I should have asked for context.

11 Aug 2011     

paugyg
Argentina

If you mean by "Actualidad" things that are happening now I would use the expression "Current Events".... Bruce is right, "actual (sp)" and "actual (eng)" are FALSE COGNATES, or as I like to call them, FALSE FRIENDS. Spanish "actual" is English "current", as something taking place at the present time. English "actually" is Spanish "en realidad", which is something totally different from "realmente" (English "really"). I hope you find my explanation clear enough :S

11 Aug 2011     

almaz
United Kingdom

When referring to the media, I�ve always treated the Spanish actualidades the same way as the French actualit�s (note the plurals): �news�. In the singular, I usually think of them as somewhere along the lines of �current events/affairs�.

EDIT  Gosh, I just checked a Spanish-English dictionary - and guess what?

11 Aug 2011     

Zora
Canada

Well, if it �s for a News type thing then I �d have to say "Current Events".

11 Aug 2011