Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Points    

nadnad
France

Hi all,

I have a problem with my points. I downloaded recent contributions and it was written that I could do it for free (so I could keep my points for other contributions)... and when I checked my points I had lost my points....
Can anyone help me ? I tried to send a message to the administrator, but no answers so far.......

Thanks in advance,

nadnad

11 Aug 2011      

ueslteacher
Ukraine

You already asked the same question once. The thing is we don �t know for sure, so here is a possible reason:
- It could be that you downloaded it the very moment the time switched to midnight Spanish time (the site operates on Spanish time, and midnight is when the recent contributions � section is renewed) or you �ve been too long on the page and didn �t refresh it, so the contribution you downloaded appeared to you as a recent contribution but it actually wasn �t there any longer. I wish I knew. It never happened to me.
BTW what do you mean by "I lost my points"? Did the number of downloads increased in your profile? Because the number of points in your profile never gets smaller.
Sophia

11 Aug 2011     

nadnad
France

I know I already asked this question before, but I �m in France and I have the same time as in Spain...

11 Aug 2011     

ueslteacher
Ukraine

I added a question to my post, so could you explain?
BTW was it midnight when you downloaded? 
Your profile says 138 points, and if I add up all the points you got for your contributions, it�s 138 points.

11 Aug 2011     

nadnad
France

As the recent contributions are "free" I understood that no point was counted (so I could keep the points to download any other contributions)... So, my points were - not always - used the same way if I downloaded a recent contribution or if I downloaded a less recent one (= I lost points).

As far as time is concerned, I downloaded a recent contribution today, before 2.00 p.m. ... and again, it took me a point (so the worsheet was not "free")...

thanks for your answer

11 Aug 2011     

ueslteacher
Ukraine

Then you should probably wait till Victor (the web-master, btw have you sent him a pm or an e-mail? - pm is more preferable) solves it. Meanwhile, you could pm me your e-mail and I would gladly send any ws from recent contributions you like (within 30 free) :) BTW only 30 wss from recent contributions are free.
Sophia

11 Aug 2011