Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Debate Topic: Best Before Dates on Foods    

Debate Topic: Best Before Dates on Foods

cheezels
New Zealand

I bought 3 1/2 kgs of marmite when I was in London this summer. 6x 500g jars of NZ marmite and 2 x 250g of UK marmite. I know that no matter what it says on the jar that this stuff will still be great 10 years from now if it is still in my cupboard.  :-)
I go by see and smell. If it looks ok and smells ok then its probably ok. (Veges especially)

I am more careful with meat, chicken and fish though. But have cooked enough that I know when it �s good, dodgy or just plain off.

15 Aug 2011     

ldthemagicman
United Kingdom

�Ultimate Safety Foods Ltd�
�Sell-by-Date�
is now 3 days prior to
�Date of Manufacture�.

Les

15 Aug 2011     

yanogator
United States

cheezels, when marmite goes bad, does it then smell like something edible?

Bruce

16 Aug 2011     

Olindalima ( F )
Portugal

Hi Linda

My idea is that bb is more a kind of marketing and a way to increase and sell more in less time. Obviously this is not always so easy - meat and fish can be more dangerous, probably. However, all those creams and lotions, face and body, we use probably don �t last for ever, but they don �t usually have a bb date -  when we buy all those miserably expensive creams we don �t know for how long they have been sitting on the shelf, do we?

Now, have you heard about MAFALDA the most adorable Argentinian cartoon? She has a friend, Manolo, whose father has a grocery. One day, he finds some tomato cans out of date and he decides to sell them with a special and promotional note -

" Tomatoes with curriculum "

Just like we say about Porto wine -the older the better.

Nice topic, Linda, thanks, I am a little bit tired, have arrived a few hours ago in Natal, after more than a ten hour trip, so offfffffffffffff.

Hello Brazilian ESL friends, anyone here around, near Natal?

Have a nice day

Linda

16 Aug 2011     

< Previous   1    2