Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > POD Winner     

POD Winner

douglas
United States

POD Winner

Thanks for the humorous inputs for yesterday �s Phrase of the Day.

Traditonally, the "3 Rs" are: Reading, wRiting, and aRithmatic.

Perhaps, it �s because I live in the North and come from the coast, but I got a big kick out of:

kingfant72
Japan

Arr, Arr, Arr! My daddy went to pantomime pirate school

So, Kingfant is the winner!

Cheers,
Douglas

17 Aug 2011      

kingfant72
Japan

Thanks heaps champ! Here �s the new phrase for you all to wrap your twisted wits around:

"HE �S A SANDWICH SHORT OF A PICNIC"  Who is he and what does this mean?

17 Aug 2011     

juliag
Japan

Well, if we can change the "he" to a "she" it must refer to my poor little dog who when she was being walked by my boyfriend yesterday morning must have felt that the picnic bag he carried was rather short on sandwiches and other goodies for her, for she rushed into the woods in a mad frenzy (coming closer to the original meaning now) on scenting something delicious there, only to find that it was bigger and more vicious than her and came back with her tail between her two legs and 2 big bites marks, one marring her beautiful face and the other on her back leg so for the minute she is a bit of a limping dog. Thankfully she seems to be on the road to recovery as long as the gashes don �t get infected, but I do think she must be at least a few sandwiches short of a picnic to have inflicted that on herself in her eagerness to snout and scout out something even more pungent than said sandwiches.

17 Aug 2011