Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > A foreign language school/center    

A foreign language school/center

lxthinh71
Vietnam

A foreign language school/center

Dear beloved teachers,

Do you have any idea about starting and operating a foreign language center, especially ESL? Please share with us. Thank you very much.

19 Aug 2011      

chokosaki
United States

Hi. I �ve been involved in operating an ESL language private school for about 2 years now (two different schools). Currently I am an academic manager at a school here in China. Since I started developing my own software (available for free at www.keepupesl.net) I have been doing a lot of research on what it takes to open my own school. Here are some things you really should think about: Your target age. Do you want to teach children or adults? What kind of teaching do you want to do (grammar, conversation, both). What �s level will your classes be? (beginner, intermediate, advanced, etc) What material will you use to teach? Will you use books? Interactive white boards? Projectors? Do you need foreign teachers? If so, how will you get them? These are just some things I �ve been considering when thinking about opening a school. Right now I �ve got all of this figured out (teaching children, beginners mostly, 3-12, interactive whiteboards/books/projectors, and a few foreign and local teachers). Opening a school can be stressful but it �s very rewarding. Just managing a school can sometimes be stressful! If you have any questions please message me and we can discuss things further. If you would like to get some advice on teaching you can subscribe to my blog at www.keepupesl.net/keepupwithrichard Good luck!

19 Aug 2011     

class centre
Belarus

Hi there!
The post from Chokosaki is very wise. But my situation is quite different. I own my own private english teaching school. We are only two teachers - my husband and I. I have a class of 9 specificly organized sts � places and marvellous system and several groups coming to learn 3 times a week. The manuals belong to the system. of course I have bought them but they are reusable. The age is 6-18 since the material is growing along with the st. The white board is normal but my husband gives individual lessons on the computer. Not so costly but very efficient. Ready to answer any question of yours.
Good luck!
Natasha

19 Aug 2011     

lxthinh71
Vietnam

Thank you very much for your kindness and useful info.

19 Aug 2011