Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Stange downloads    

Stange downloads

Olindalima ( F )
Portugal

Stange downloads

Hi Victor
So sorry for disturbing all this merry and bright Christmas spirit in the air; it is all your great work, that spreads to all around the world, keeping us tight and addicted to this site.
But, i have had some strange problems, recently, and I would like you to know about them, may be you can help, explaining me, if I am doing something wrong.
It has already happened five or six times. I download printables ( word docs) and they appear on my desktop with very strange names and they won�t open anyway. They appear with names like these -" 3kV9T9yw.doc.part ", "b+_81i0k.doc.part", "IREHqeRI.doc.part", " dhO_tcu0.doc.part ". There isn�t even the word icon.
I usually coppy the title given to the printable, I right click and choose save link as, then I write the author�s name.doc. It has worked perfectly, and it still does, with almost docs, but some of them, don�t download.
I have tried changing the name to .doc, it appears with the right icon, but when I open the doc it is empty.
Well, is there anything wrong, can you give any explanation? Any idea?
Thanks in advance
Olinda

21 Dec 2008      

victor
Spain

Hello Olinda,
Thank you very much for your kind words.
I think that a ".part" file is an incomplete download in firefox.
I think that the only solution is to download again the same document.
Have a nice day,
Victor

21 Dec 2008     

Olindalima ( F )
Portugal

Thanks, Victor
Probably you are right, I am always in a hurry, so I guess I do something wrong, like that.
I am going to try it again.
Have a  nice Christmas holiday.
Olindalima

21 Dec 2008     

wolfy
Chile

a .part file is a partial download file (normally downloaded with a download manager, as Victor says this includes firefox. �None of the files are very big, I�d try again. �If you are using a different download manager you can probably restart it.

22 Dec 2008     

innocent_saira
Pakistan

Hi Victor,

i have a problem related to my profile. i have downloaded 8 worksheets(.doc) but my profiles shows just 5 worksheets while there are 8 worksheets in MY PRINTABLES. Please help me what to do?

saira

26 Dec 2008