Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > Caption Contest winner!    

Caption Contest winner!

Zora
Canada

Caption Contest winner!

Hi people!

I have to cut the caption contest short today since I am going away this weekend and won �t be around to pick the winner tomorrow.

I just wanted to add that I was delighted to see some new faces playing today �s game and I must thank our "regulars" for their constant, and extremely witty, contributions! 

And now, here is my choice...

chokosaki
United States

Nine lives my tail!

19 Aug 2011      

Mariethe House
France

Please, chokosaki, can you explain your caption,  I don �t understand!!Embarrassed

19 Aug 2011     

almaz
United Kingdom

May I help, Mariethe?

For the first part, see here (French) and here.

Second part... well, think of another word (and expression) you might associate with the �tail � area.

19 Aug 2011     

Mariethe House
France

Thank you Alex! I knew about the 9 lives but couldn �t make out the last part! Now I can!LOL
edit thank you SophiaSmile

19 Aug 2011     

ueslteacher
Ukraine

Mariethe, it �s like saying my foot when you don �t believe something. You use it after a word or phrase to show you disagree with its meaning:
They call it the Thrifty Supermarket. Thrifty my foot - every time I go in there, it costs me a fortune.
It �s like saying no way.
So here the word tail is used instead of foot, obviously bc it �s a more prominent part of the cat �s body. The whole phrase could mean no way cats have nine lives. A very witty comment for the cartoon btw:)
Sophia:)

19 Aug 2011