Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Do you feel the same....    

Do you feel the same....

Mariethe House
France

Do you feel the same....

when you speak your native language and when you speak  a foreign language? Is it as easy to express your emotions in the foreign language? Do you speak any other language like a patois or dialect which is spoken by very few people? And what does it mean to you?
 I myself, speak the local patois of the area where I was born . Only a few people speak it and mainly the generation of my parents which means few people. I love listening to it and I love speaking it although I can �t say much! It makes me feel " whole" if you seee what I mean! I feel all my being is engaged into it... It is much more pleasant and  pleasurable. I feel I am really communicating! The sounds are so expressive and the expressions so full of images, it is totally unique.
 can you tell us of similar experiences or emotions?

23 Aug 2011      

maryse pey�
France

Hi Mariethe,

as far as I �m concerned I speak French, English and Italian.

According to my mood and my emotion, my feeling words are coming out in the language I feel suiting better this emotion. Sometimes I feel strange because I am really unable to remember the word in French for a while...

I feel really lucky because I can pass from a language to another without any problem.

Even if I was born in France I DO consider my true roots in Italy. And I felt in love with English as soon as my 1st lesson...

I have even started to learn Japanese when I was given the occasion... and my friend had to go back in Japan... I miss him a lot ! Japanese is a wonderful language too !

23 Aug 2011     

s.lefevre
Brazil

My native language is German, but as I lived in France for 6 years and since then I have lived in Brazil, I express my feelings much better in French or Portuguese. Of course, I still speak German, I know how to spell and I know my grammar, but it feels artificial when I have " deeper" conversations.

24 Aug 2011