Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning powerpoints > Sprite Sheets    

Sprite Sheets

foose1
United States

Sprite Sheets

I found a great source for pictures if anyone is interested.  They are called sprites and usually come in sprite sheets.  Although the images are small (normally 32 by 32 to just around 100 by 100 bits), they can be enlarged and edited.  Also, they usually are set up side by side so that you can make an action animation.  I have made a few of them and want to utilize them in my future ppts.  They actually do not eat up a lot of memory if you use powerpoint as the animator.  Also, powerpoint cannot sync with your animations so you will have to use powerpoint as the animator to get everything in sync. 

Sorry, just looking for people who have similiar interests and want to share their experience, resources, tricks and whatever else concerning ppts. 

John

24 Aug 2011      

moravc
Czech Republic

Sounds great John!
Maybe you can upload some examples here on forum for the other to see?

24 Aug 2011     

foose1
United States

Here is an example of an action from a sprite sheet.

24 Aug 2011     

foose1
United States

Here is an animated gif that I will use soon but I will use powerpoint as the animator.   This one was set up to for a one time animation as I was hoping that powerpoint could syn to it (it cannot).

John

24 Aug 2011     

CYPRUS!
Cyprus

HELLO JOHN. YOUR DISCOVERY LOOKS INTERESTING. IF YOU HAVE NO PROBLEM SHARING SEND US THE ADDRESS WITH THE IMAGES AND SOME MORE EXAMPLES. EVERY COLLEAGUE OF YOU, INCLUDING ME, WILL APPRECIATE IT. THANKS IN ADVANCE, IRENE

24 Aug 2011     

CYPRUS!
Cyprus

HELLO JOHN. YOUR DISCOVERY LOOKS INTERESTING. IF YOU HAVE NO PROBLEM SHARING SEND US THE ADDRESS WITH THE IMAGES AND SOME MORE EXAMPLES. EVERY COLLEAGUE OF YOU, INCLUDING ME, WILL APPRECIATE IT. THANKS IN ADVANCE, IRENE

24 Aug 2011     

foose1
United States

There are many sites that offer sprite sheets.  I usually perform a search and you will find many links.  Search on sprites resources, spriter resources or use bing images.  http://www.spriters-resource.com/ 

25 Aug 2011