Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > How to teach a 6-7 year old    

How to teach a 6-7 year old

chosen1
Mexico

How to teach a 6-7 year old

Hello to all the teachers out ther in teacherland :) Can someone tell me what �s the best way to teach 6-7 year old child?? Is it, repeating (writing and oral)? Is just commands and little writing? Pure TPR? I �m at a loss.

Please help,
Susana

2 Sep 2011      

mmbermejo
Spain

Hello

Here you can find many projects we have done in my school http://cp.sanjuanbautista.madrid.educa.madrid.org/etwinning.htm I hope it is useful to tell you our methodology.

Good luck!

2 Sep 2011     

misseleonora
Argentina

Susana,
It�s all about games :)
Check the games section here at ESL.
MissE.

2 Sep 2011     

moravc
Czech Republic

I agree with MissE.
Games, boardgames, memory cards, flashcards, easy films for EFL kids (eg Magic English with Disney characters), rhymes, songs.
Find out what he likes, his heroes, favourite cartoon characters, hobbies, sports etc...
Tailor the lessons according to his interests.
If he likes Spiderman, talk about Spiderman. Compare with other cartoon characters... etc...
Some kids love fairy tales, so how about very easy MINIBOOKS with fairy-tales?
Check esprintables, therer are about 200 minibooks ready to print...
Encourage him to search for English words in his everyday life - food packets, advertisements, ...
Stick to speaking, TPR, listening and a bit of reading....

2 Sep 2011     

gabyvelaflor
Mexico

But the fact is that you have to work a lot, because with my little experience, kids are very visual and auditive, so If you don �t have too much material, you have to look for it or create it.

Regards.

3 Sep 2011     

Yellowismyfavoritecolor
Philippines

hi! 6 and 7 year old kids are really active...songs and dances would be useful as teaching aids.You can also create hands on art activities so they can have varied activities not just oral and written. =)

3 Sep 2011     

chosen1
Mexico

Thank you very much you guys!!!!! This is a sweeeet community =)

3 Sep 2011