Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > iclipart website... something interesting....    

iclipart website... something interesting....

cheezels
New Zealand

iclipart website... something interesting....

This might be helpful to all you creative members out there...I wrote to iclipart yesterday asking about their clipart and whether if I purchased the 1 year subscription whether I could use these clip arts in a learning Swedish resource (book) that I am writing (hopefully publishing next year sometime if I ever get finished...)
Their answer was YES!!!!!!!!! As long as the book sold under 100 000 copies (so I think that will be me hehe)
WOW!!!!! I have been hand drawing ALL the graphics because I never thought in my wildest dreams that i would be able to use clip art in this way for commercial use. BUT iclipart allows it.

SO... all you budding creative worksheet writers out there.. what is stopping you from making an ESL resource???? Especially as you will be able to use the clip art LEGALLY as long as you purchase a subscription. AND even when the subscription runs out the pictures in any work that have been used are still covered :-)

GO FOR IT!!!!!!!

22 Dec 2008      

Olindalima ( F )
Portugal

Hello, cheezels
thanks a lot for the tip, just what I was looking for.
Olinda

22 Dec 2008     

alien boy
Japan

Let me know when it�s ready... I want a numbered & autographed first print run edition!

(yes, seriously!)

B-)

23 Dec 2008     

MissMelissa12
Peru

It sounds so interesting.
Cant wait to see it ready!

Thumbs Up

23 Dec 2008     

cheezels
New Zealand

HA HA.... well its been nearly a year in the making and I have done nothing for the past 3 months... I am having a style crisis...The majority of the writing is done, but not all the graphics and it was the graphics and how time consuming every little one was that bogged me down...

Now I am having the how can I present this creatively while still appealing to a range of newly arrived immigrants...(because there is such a variety here from all over the world for many different reasons, myself included who moved here from the UK for a lovely swedish man hehe)  The way I started out all formal and easy layout, just doesn�t appeal any more..

So I will be fiddling around with layout and style over the next months trying to find one I am happy with.

I was new to sweden a year and a half ago and they have free language courses here for people who come to live here... but there are next to no suitable resources for the new beginner, vocabulary, etc, the essential building blocks that you need!....As a teacher I was really appalled at the lack of resources and to be honest the level of what we were being taught as well... very very dire!

For example I have conjugated over 300 swedish verbs with english and -I got a friend to also put the arabic translation too.
That is just one small part, but something that I have used continuously throughout my learning of swedish...

Hopefully it will go ahead, I just need to find my mojo :-)

23 Dec 2008