Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Where are some other sites where one might share one īs work?    

Where are some other sites where one might share one īs work?

David Lisgo
Japan

Where are some other sites where one might share one īs work?

Hello,
I love this site and it is invariably the first place I share my work with, I highly value the comments and the points received for my work. Why is that? For example, if 30 people downloaded one of my worksheets and only two or three left a comment, then I would probably delete the worksheet, rework it and re-upload it and in all probability I would get more comments and more downloads this time. It really helps me improve as a teaching material designer. What about points? Why do I consider them important? Well, the comments tell me about the quality of my work and the points tell me about the general need of such work throughout the world. I think that most contributors want to share their work with as many people as possible and it seems pointless to create something which very few people are interested in even if that work is of high quality.

Actually, the above is not the reason I īm writing. I have many teacher friends and associates who are not members of ESL Printables and I īm wondering what is the best way to share my work with them. At present I don īt have my own website, though I do have a column in ELTNews, where I write infrequently, and I would dearly love to be able to provide links where people can download some of my work freely. Can some of you recommend some sites that may be suitable for this purpose?

Regards,
David Lisgo

4 Sep 2011      

maryse pey�
France

Hi David,

hope everything all right for yoU.

Have you tried islcollective ? It is run by one of our sympathetic colleagues and absolutely free !

Plenty of hugs dear.

Maryse.

4 Sep 2011     

Errie
Japan

Hello David,

I hope you īre doing fine.

You said you know fellow teachers and want to share your work with them right? Why don īt you just zip the worksheets, upload them on Megaupload (any other similar service will do it) and just e-mail them the link.

If you īre really looking for something like esl printables islcollective is the place to go like Maryse has already mentioned above.

Take care!

errie

4 Sep 2011     

starrr
Brazil

I suggest you open an account on NING social network, u can have till 150 members for just about 2.95 dollares per month and post there all your work, ideas, videos, audios, links etc...and all ur friends will have access to them in a very nice environment and easy to surf at the end. It is a very good place for teachers to build a new community.It was totally free in the past but now they are charging us. You can chose other packages they offer as well but it is worthy I highly recommend it.

the link is here:

http://www.ning.com/

I have my own group in this social network and it works just fine..and the best my group was accepted to be a good one and we are being sponsored by LONGMAN & PEARSON. they are paying those 2.95 dollares per month for us since last year and this is so goood!!!

other idea is to open an account on GMAIL and open a group on GOOGLE GROUPS.. I use this too and it is very usefull..ur friends can receive all files u post inside the group direct in their e-mails accounts... so easy and fast and usefull as well.

the link to create a new account on gmail is here ...

https://www.google.com/accounts/NewAccount?service=mail&continue=http://mail.google.com/mail/e-11-dbc43fb791d111f71eda372e2bde-d1c87567da7ce37b49bf77cf8fce3101cbd426a9&type=2

and the link to open a new GROUP on google groups is here:

https://groups.google.com/?pli=1&hl=pt

Hope it helps. StarrrWink

4 Sep 2011     

David Lisgo
Japan

Thanks very much for the answers I have recieved so far, most helpful.  Off to bed now, so will check back tomorrow for more advice.

4 Sep 2011     

mohzayat
Egypt

Dear,

You are welcome to my group.
thanks a lot.

5 Sep 2011