Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Attendees Vs ? (Urgent)    

Attendees Vs ? (Urgent)

Amna 107
United Arab Emirates

Attendees Vs ? (Urgent)

Dear All,

This is quite urgent and I appreciate your help.

We say "attendees" for people who attend an event, but what do we say for people who regret?

E.g, I have a list of "attendees" and ?

Please advise.

Best regards,

8 Sep 2011      

maryse pey�
France

may it be �opponents � ?

or �pros � vs �cons � ?

8 Sep 2011     

MarionG
Netherlands

when you say �people who regret � do you mean people who were invited to the event but decided not to come?
In that case you could use �a list of attendees and a list of people who declined the invitation �
Hope this is helpful

8 Sep 2011     

Amna 107
United Arab Emirates

Thank you for the reply.

I heard the word "absentees"?

But I think I would go with " People who excused from attendance"

Best wishes,

8 Sep 2011     

Jayho
Australia

If it is a business meeting then the following terms apply:

Attended: Attendees There were 12 attendees

Advised absences: Apologies  There were three apologies

Unadvised absence: These are not usually mentioned in the minutes of business meetings however if you need a term then perhaps Absentees might be suitable although this could also include the people who sent their apologies There were 5 absentees including three apologies

More info here and here and here and here

If it is a business seminar, conference, workshop or training session then use Expressions of Interest (EOI) for those who have expressed an interest but not yet paid/confirmed and Registrations for those who have paid/confirmed.  We have 10 registrations and 22 EOI�s.  Once the event has occurred then use the word participants.  We had fifty participants.

If it is an event such as a wedding reception, birthday party etc then people who RSVP are referred to as acceptances and inabilities.  We can buy acceptance and inability cards to RSVP for such an event.  We have received 30 acceptances and 12 inabilities.

See Wedding Acceptance & Wedding Inability cards by Hallmark here 

8 Sep 2011