Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Back to school!    

Back to school!

grimsim
France

Back to school!

Hi everyone,
How do you usually start your year? What activities do you use for first classes if you happen to have the same students?

8 Sep 2011      

nasnous
Tunisia

Hi,
I always start my firt lesson with some questions "getting to know each other ", I use worksheets with at least 20 question (personal infor) ,I ask my students to answer at least 10 of them and then introduce themselves using those information.
I don �t know if it �s a good way to start lessons but I try each year to change .

8 Sep 2011     

crissorrir
Brazil

Hi dear grimsim!
In the first class I usually work with a song , a video or a game based on the lessons of the previous book. Hope I helped you!

8 Sep 2011     

martinasvabova
Czech Republic

With my new groups I used this nice ws from Jecika: http://www.eslprintables.com/printable.asp?id=263690#thetop  and with the rest I tried this very nice activity. One pupil prepared a short talk about his/her holidays. The other pupils meanwhile wrote down 6 words they supposed he/she would use in his speech. While listening to their classmate they checked how many of their 6 words were used. 

8 Sep 2011     

Mariethe House
France

maybe you find something here:
http://www.eslprintables.com/buscador/author.asp?user=114424&orderby=id#thetop

good luck to you for the new year!Smile

9 Sep 2011     

mena22
Portugal

Hi! Write "back to school" in the contents box and you �ll get some ideas:

Search worksheets, lesson-plans, flashcards...

Level: Age: Type:

Contents:
Enter here the contents you are looking for (phrasal verbs, halloween,...)

by the user:

Search only recent contributions

9 Sep 2011