Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > What can we (teachers) do to prevent cheating in class? Do you find any interesting and effective ways to stop cheating at school?    

What can we (teachers) do to prevent cheating in class? Do you find any interesting and effective ways to stop cheating at school?

ESL
United States

Thanks to technology - when our disctict has testing for placement - we have seen adult students take pictures of the test on their camera phones, text each other, and actually write down questions and answers on their pants, hands, etc. - Right in front of the teachers!Ermm

24 Dec 2008     

orchiddl
Vietnam

All my colleagues,

Do you think that cheaters nowadays are excellent?

For me, generally speaking, because they can take advantages of some techniques such as: getting copies in advance, crib sheets (on desks, chairs, walls, clothes, body, food, drinks, shoes, ties, sticky films, etc.). With the help of technology, they can copy something with lighting speed such as: mobile phones, programmable calculators, dotting drafts (thanks to pin dot matrix printers), earphones, wireless camera watch, etc.

Clearly, as a teacher, it is very difficult to detect unless we are equipped plagiarism detecting software/ machine as cheezels, alien boy and Miss ESL of Illinois have mentioned above�

24 Dec 2008     

Zora
Canada

I think that to think you can�t do much isn�t a good way to go. There are TONS of stuff a teacher can do starting with pop quizzes, open book exams (why cheat if you have the book in front of you... ), daily revision of concepts cutting out the need for exams, various exam sheets for the same test, NOT using the same test from previous years, a zero tolerance policy towards copying like Logos has - in fact, if I find somebody copying I will and do fail them automatically no questions asked!

I think that it amounts to how much time a teacher wants to put into it or just how worried they are about the fact students copy. 

24 Dec 2008     

< Previous   1    2