Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Something to keep in mind, please...     

Something to keep in mind, please...

GIOVANNI
Canada

I find that some of the worksheets on this site are outstanding, but as Ed pointed out not each worksheet mets the exact needs of a teacher in another country.  Sometimes it is a  small word such as a preposition, a good example would be in North America we use on the weekend and across the ocean at the weekend is used.  This could be confusing to a student.  I have also found that sometimes there may be a line with a tense that I haven �t taught yet and I would prefer to erase the line until I have taught the tense to my students. Sometime I really like a worksheet, but won �t use it because I can �t make the small change.  I have also noticed that we are not all perfect, myself included and there are typo errors and grammatical errors which are on some worksheets.  How can we use the worksheet if we can not make the necessary changes to the errors?  I feel free to let any teacher make the necessary changes on my worksheets, for me it is a must as we all do not teach in the same way and sometimes we have to adjust to meet the requirements of our class.

11 Sep 2011     

moravc
Czech Republic

As I suggested to Lady Gargara, we can group all pictures and copy them to MS Paint (or other Picture editor software) and save as a single picture (jpg, pgn).
Then we insert the big "single-page" picture in the background.
Then we select / group all textboxes and copy them on the top of the "background" picture.

It is a matter of 1 minute, the worksheet is light, the pictures cannot be copied easily AND the TEXT is EDITABLE.

This method works well with old printables we had made a long time ago and we don �t want to spend too much time editting / resizing the pictures...
These steps make the worksheet meet the size limit of 500 kB.

13 Sep 2011     

< Previous   1    2