Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Help with uploading worksheets    

Help with uploading worksheets

crissorrir
Brazil

Help with uploading worksheets

Dear friends!
Here I am asking for your help again!
I have tried several times to upload a worksheet. My WS has some pictures and got too heavy (506 KB) 6 KB more than the required. While I was trying to upload it I kept removing some pictures and on and on and on. But when I reached the 500 KB the task became pointless and boring. And I have dowloaded wonderful worksheets with so muuuuuuuuuuuch more pictures than mine.Confused

My question is: How can you do that! This is driving me crazy because I like to share my  worksheets and because of lack of time I haven�t done it for weeks.
Thanks in advance!

12 Sep 2011      

tech_teacher
Bahamas

I have downloaded a program called paint net. It allows you to resize pictures ETC. ETC. . It works miracles !  The pictures still look good after resizing.

The best part of it all, however,  is that it is FREE!!!  I also use it to change the background of pictures so that it becomes transparent!!! I hate to see those white frames on coloured backgrounds. Download it here... http://www.paint.net/

If you need tutourials on how to use it.... check out  You Tube!!! 

Hope this helps!!! Happy new week!!!

12 Sep 2011     

zuzanavilma
Slovakia

Hi,
what I use to to is to download the pics from the internet into a file and then reisze them in either Microsoft Picture Manager of any other program and then they are fine enough to be used and you will not exceed the size of the worksheet. That was my problem from the beginning, now I do it this way and it works.
bye

12 Sep 2011     

kinho
Brazil

hi dear!! well, what I�ve used is FastStone Photo resizer. I took it from here and it really worked well for me, besides, it�s easy to deal with it . i resized a WS with 1020mb and it changed for about 150 kb!!!! Hope it can help u!! hugs from our beautiful country...........

12 Sep 2011