Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > a little help from my friends    

a little help from my friends

dagn
France

a little help from my friends

hello there!
 do you know what british students do during "assembly"?
thank you!

12 Sep 2011      

ALI ALI
Egypt

Hello,
I think that the morning assembly is where the students stand in lines in the morning before going to their classes. There is usually a broadcast and the students salute the flag then go to their classes

12 Sep 2011     

Mariethe House
France

In a school, assembly is a gathering of all the teachers and pupils at the beginning of every school day.  Traditionally it used to be a religious thing with prayers. Nowadays it is a time for giving information and also for reflecting on moral or society facts or events. Usually , everyday,  a different teacher is in charge of assembly  . He usually gets a group of children to give a little talk or perform a little play or music in front of all the other children about a topic related to a current issue. The Head of the school also says a few words and then the children go to their tutor �s room for registeration and then they start lessons! I hope it is clear for you! Maybe someone will explain more thoroughlyBig smile
  Have a look here as an example:

http://www.pegs.vic.edu.au/newsevents/archive/2005/assembly.htm

12 Sep 2011     

dagn
France

thank you mariethe house! it is crystal clear now!
have a nice day!

13 Sep 2011