Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Hello from Shanghai    

Hello from Shanghai

fletsch
Canada

Hello from Shanghai

Hi everyone:

I am hoping that someone can give me some advice on what to do.  I have been teaching in the evenings 2 different groups of managers.  One class is beginner students and the other class is intermediate to advanced.  My boss has decided to combine the 2 classes into one.  I am wondering what I can do in this situation.  I don �t want to teach down to the more advanced students and at the same time, I don �t want it to be too difficult for the beginner.  Any ideas, suggestions, etc. would be appreciated  :)

Thanks a lot everyone,

Fletsch

13 Sep 2011      

douglas
United States

http://www.eslprintables.com/forum/topic.asp?id=12565
I couldn �t find the one I was looking for, but this has some tips.

Here�s more:

13 Sep 2011     

Jayho
Australia

Hi Fletsch

I was just reading a BBC newsletter and came across this. Maybe you could adapt it using a business manager theme.  For example:

- Jigsaw puzzle theme : use business motivational posters such as those found here

- Give me five - must be five business things in common such as same number of staff, same service type etc

- Create a biography - use a universally well known person such as one found here or a well known business leader in their own country.  You can then build on this for other activities.

Cheers

Jayho

13 Sep 2011     

ueslteacher
Ukraine

Not exactly what you need, but there are some general ideas for a multi-level class http://busyteacher.org/4685-how-to-get-everyone-speaking-in-a-multilevel-class.html
Sophia

13 Sep 2011