Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > I am a Portuguese teacher and have an Ukrainian student who doesn īt know a word of English!    

I am a Portuguese teacher and have an Ukrainian student who doesn īt know a word of English!

nandaagon
Portugal

I am a Portuguese teacher and have an Ukrainian student who doesn īt know a word of English!

Can anybody help me with useful sites or worksheets.
I would really appreciate it because I can īt find anything and am tired of looking.

Thanks

17 Sep 2011      

kara305
Vietnam

Big smile Well, when you are tired of looking, there are only 2 options (I think)
1. Make a lesson by yourself.
2. you can ask your student to find another teacher !
 Have fun ^^

17 Sep 2011     

Mar0919
Mexico

Hi, Nandaagon. When we ask for help, it īs a good idea to mention the age of our students, and for what topic you are looking for material.

But the fact that you mention your student does not know one word of English, then it is very important to use FLASHCARDS... to be very VISUAL when teaching the lesson, because this will help your student understand the context of what you are talking about.

If he/she has NO knowledge at all you can start with basic vocabulary flashcards and attempt writing VERY SHORT sentences with that. You can slowly progress from there, don īt try to go too fast because this will only confuse and frustrate your student.

So, it dependes on what topic you wish to teach, you can search here, there are tons of flashcards, and worksheets. And you can always ADAPT the worksheets to YOUR STUDENT īS NEEDS.

Hope you find what you need... just don īt get frustrated. Sometimes we have to spend lots of time searching for what we need, or as Kara says, make the worksheet ourselves.

Have a nice day!

17 Sep 2011     

nandaagon
Portugal

Well

I could prepare a lesson but the problem is: a) I don īt know Ukrainian

b) the student doesn īt know anything of english, portuguese, french and so on

So, despite his age, he is a beginner and I īll have to use his native language associated to english. That īs what I īm looking for.

17 Sep 2011     

class centre
Belarus

Your student definitely knows Russian. So, try to use some russian-english tools.
Good luck!

17 Sep 2011