Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Persits.Jpeg.1 error ´800a0002 ´    

Persits.Jpeg.1 error ´800a0002 ´

ldthemagicman
United Kingdom

Persits.Jpeg.1 error ´800a0002 ´

Hello Everybody,

--- especially the Computer Experts among you.

I have a problem.

For the past 2 weeks, I have been trying to send Worksheets to ESLP, without success.

Originally, I had one big Worksheet, which exceeded 500 KB, by a very large amount.  It was, (and is), �.doc�, not �.docx�.  It was almost entirely text, with �tables�, and a couple of �arrows� and �text boxes� in it.

I divided the original, large document into 4 equal, smaller �.doc� documents, (the largest is 474 KB). There are 4 Parts, each Part similar in appearance to the others.

I sent Part 1.  There was no problem.

I sent Part 2.  After a few difficulties, it uploaded.

Since then, I have sent Part 3 and Part 4, and have always, received this Message, (in total, about 100 times).

Persits.Jpeg.1 error �800a0002 �

The system cannot find the file specified.

/send_printables/sendprintableswait.asp, line 124

I virus-checked my computer, 3 times --- nothing.

I used System Restore to restore my computer to a previous date --- nothing.

I �cleaned� my Computer Files --- nothing.

I �cleaned� the Registry on my computer --- nothing.

I defragmented my computer --- nothing.

I �saved� my files as �.docx�, then saved them back to �.doc� --- nothing.

I altered the names of my files --- nothing.

I deleted my smaller files, went back to my large file and divided it into four again --- nothing.

I moved my files to different locations on my computer --- nothing.

I moved my files to my Memory Stick --- nothing.

I moved my files to my External Drive --- nothing.

I moved my files to a different computer --- nothing.

I have searched the Internet for answers --- there are no simple solutions.

I tried sending a completely different file to ESLP, and it was accepted, so it seems that there is a problem with this group of files.

I sent the 4 Parts as an Attachment in an e-mail to a Member.  It was received intact by that Member, so there is no problem with radio transmission.

It took me about 3 months to write this group of files, so please, don�t advise me to re-write them from scratch!

If you can help me to resolve this problem, (and remove this�Persits� message), I will be extremely grateful.

Les

17 Sep 2011      

almaz
United Kingdom

Have you tried contacting �Persits �, Les? It �s actually a real software components  (eg image-resizing) company. If nothing else, they might be able to point you in the right direction. You can contact them here: 

17 Sep 2011     

Redbull
Thailand

Hi Les,

Well you have tried everything apart from the kitchen sink!

May I ask you to try just one more thing and that is copy your work and paste it into a new work document folder.
This may sound silly but sometimes putting the copied work onto a new document could help
but please don �t ask me why this can as I can �t give you an answer.

I think sometimes doc files can get a little bit corrupt. And also it just could be the website problem and just by chance when you tried to upload a different file it did just that.Also try deleting and emptying your cache files as it could be a memory problem.
You may want to consider rebuilding your database "BUT" warning this should only be done by a person who knows what he/she is doing.It�s a good idea to make a backup prior to running. Your data should not be erased, but if something fails during this process, data could be lost. To be doubly sure, duplicate your Identity folder prior to the rebuild.

I consider myself a bit of a computer geek in fact I have been told this many times and I do help people out on some of the computer forums on Google.

Well anyway good luck with this and let us know how you get on Les.

REDBULL GIVES YOU WINGS YOU KNOWWink.

17 Sep 2011     

apayala
Spain

Let�s try a trick in case nothing works!

If I have understood well, you have managed to upload docs 1 and 2, but failed docs 3 and 4.
If so and if nothing else works, instead of keeping trying to upload docs 3 and 4, go to docs 1 and 2 (already successfully uploaded) and click update, but send docs 3 and 4. If the system lets you do that, you will have finally and successfully sent docs 3 and 4 and now, upload again docs 1 and 2 (as you have made them disappear) which hopefully you won�t have any problems uploading them again for you already managed to upload them before.

Good luck and regards from Badajoz, Spain

Ana

18 Sep 2011     

maryse pey�
France

have you managed to solve your problem ?

Well I think at a very simple solution. Sometimes they are the best.

Why not trying to create a new doc.doc for your part 3 and 4 ? you will copy them from your part 3.doc and part 4.doc yet registered.

However I hope you have found a solution yet. I quite understand your frustration !

18 Sep 2011     

ldthemagicman
United Kingdom

Thank you all for your suggestions!

It �s extremely late now, so I �m off to bed, because I �ve had a long, hard day.

I �ll get back to you tomorrow and let you know what the results of my efforts are.

Once again, "Thanks! To all of you!".

Les

18 Sep 2011     

PhilipR
Thailand

Have you tried rebooting your computer while facing Mecca? Offered lotus flowers and incense? Said a prayer to the God of Cybernetics? 

Should all this fail, there �s always the cyber-robodance (similar to the rain dance), to be performed in front of the offending machine.

If still no result, I �d get the sledgehammer ready.

Finally, before trying to upload to ESLP, it �s a good idea to take some meditation or anger management courses.

18 Sep 2011