Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Competency Based Language Teaching ( CBLT Approach)    

Competency Based Language Teaching ( CBLT Approach)

cancamont
Colombia

Competency Based Language Teaching ( CBLT Approach)

Next tuesday i �ve got a give a presentation for 20 minutes about this method, and i �m kind of confused... how do i teach vocabulary, what materials am i supposed to use, i want to do my bestm but it is kind of confusing...Please help me... how would u do a classroom activity using this approach???

19 Sep 2011      

mena22
Portugal

Hi!

If you want to test the students � vocabulary knowledge, and nothing else, you give them,  for example, a matching exercise in which they have to associate an image to the right word.

If you want to test their communicative competence, you give them a situation as close as possible to the real world and see if they are able to mobilize the knowledge they �ve acquired and use it appropriately in that particular situation.

For example, you are teaching "Food" and you want your students to be able to order food in a restaurant. First, you give them the input, the knowledge - food and drinks, different dishes, ordering food in a restaurant, etc. When they have the knowlege, it �s time for developing their speaking competence - they do a roleplay "at the restaurant" in which they �ll have to use all the knowledge they have acquired during the task. What is knowledge for if not to use it in real contexts, in our everyday life?

Have a nice day,
mena

19 Sep 2011