Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Pen pals in english speaking countries    

Pen pals in english speaking countries

cathykilduff
France

Pen pals in english speaking countries

Hi everyone, I am teaching in a French Lyc�e, kids are from 15 to 18 years old. I �m working on a project about the different countries in the world where english is the native language. We will be looking at climate, culture, food, festivals etc etc....

I will post soon my project lessons for anyone interested....

I am looking for English or French teachers who are interested in writing letters of correspondence from the following countries;

United States
 United Kingdom
 Canada
 Australia
 Ireland
 South Africa
 New Zealand
 Philippines
 Jamaica
 Trinidad and Tobago

In exchange we will write back and give information on French climate, culture, food, festivals etc etc..

Thanks in advance
Cathy

20 Sep 2011      

maceman
Canada

Hi Cathy,
I trust this e mail finds you well.
I am an ESL teacher from Niagara Falls, Ontario Canada, teaching intermediate levels.
If you wish, I could correspond with your students via e mail about the topics you mentioned.
Send me an e mail to confirm.
All the best,
Mark

20 Sep 2011     

ana61
Portugal

Although my students are younger than yours, I`d like to start collaborating with.
It �s a pity that you didn �t mention my country, Portugal.
Maybe one day!

Success to your project.

21 Sep 2011     

cathykilduff
France

Thanks for your encouragement from Portugal.
Cathy

21 Sep 2011     

Cary Tutor
United States

Hi Cathy,

I teach French and English/ESL in North Carolina, as well as globally by Skype. I would love to be penpals with your French students. I have French students who would love to hear from native French speakers - are your letters going to be in French or English? Sounds like a great project! :)

22 Sep 2011     

netameli
Czech Republic

Hi, 

I �m an ESL teacher at a primary school in Istanbul, Turkey. I �ve students at intermediate-elementary level between 10-13 years old. I think I can find lots of then who would be enthusiastic about corresponding in English. 

We can exchange the basic info about the students and each of them can choose his/her own penpal or we can  do it randomly. Also I think we should encourage them to write real letters at first rather than through e-mail, because you know they can see the two countries � stamps, students � handwriting, even they can put some stuff in the envelopes.

I will try to make a list of the interested students and give more specific information to you. In any case you may send us your postal adress maybe the students (both mine and yours)  can post letters individually with the help of their parents; but the letters come to the school address. 

here is my -email: [email protected]

Hatice. 

25 Sep 2011     

cathykilduff
France

Hello Hatice
I don �t have any students aged between 10 and 13, I think you will agree that there is a big difference between 13 and 18. I �m sorry I can �t help.
Thanks for your intrest.
Regards
Cathy

26 Sep 2011