Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > WOD    

WOD

Anna P
Brazil

WOD

LOL WOW! As I wrote to Linda, winning the WOD was most unexpected especially because there were some hilarious daffynitions.  I �m sorry it took me such a long time to get to the computer today as I teach in the afternoon and, on Tuesdays, I  am a student at night and I have just arrived.
Without further delay, the next word is... SCOBBERLOTCHER 

Come up with your brilliant ideas!!!! Can �t wait to read them!

21 Sep 2011      

gloriawpai
Brazil

Dear Anna, this word has already been used: http://www.eslprintables.com/forum/topic.asp?id=22329

21 Sep 2011     

Anna P
Brazil

Embarrassed Oh, silly old me! Being a former misodoctakleidist, I thought it would be a good one. It is so good that it has been used twice! This would have been the third time!

Thanks so much, Gloria, for pointing it out.

I found another word and, guess what???? It has also been used before.  Bear with me, folks. It�s past midnight and here I am checking all the old WODS! Sleepy

21 Sep 2011     

Anna P
Brazil

Sharpen your wits because here comes a "mouth-filling and mysterious word". 
As far as I can tell it has not been used before - and I checked quite a few.

The word is...  

SCOBBERLOTCHER 

21 Sep 2011     

Mariethe House
France

Does it have something to do with scoobidoo? And a latch  is a special door fastener, so, I guess a scobberlatcher must make latch shaped  scoobidoos to fasten their door at midnight before they go to bed, AnnaWink

21 Sep 2011     

MarionG
Netherlands

Anna, it might be a good idea to put the new word SCOBBERLOTCHER 
in the first post since now it dissapears into the replies..you can simply edit your original post...

my try:
a scobberlotcher is someone who slobbers so much scotch his/her speach got impaired.....

21 Sep 2011     

douglas
United States

To "scob one �s knob" is to rub someone �s head firmly with your knuckles (aka: "noogies")--a rather uncomfortable thing that bullies (or older brothers) often do to smaller, weaker kids.

lot= many, in bulk
cher(share)= a portion

a "scobberlotcher"- is what a little brother gets when he gets his older brother really mad

21 Sep 2011     

gloriawpai
Brazil

a "scobberlotcher" = Cher does scubadiving a lot

scober - someone who does scuba diving
lot = many
cher - Cher, the lady from Hollywood

21 Sep 2011     

moravc
Czech Republic

In my opinion, a scobberlotcher is a special tool for taking of the wellingtons (rubber boots). This word is commonly used by the Kiwi (New Zealanders).
Embarrassed

21 Sep 2011