Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > You have made me feel very unwelcome    

You have made me feel very unwelcome

ESL
United States

You have made me feel very unwelcome

To the few who have made me feel very unwelcome - for some reason, it seems like there are those who are just on this site to cause trouble.

I have worked hard at making my worksheets, and like to share with all. For some reason, a few did not print out the second page.  It is not my intention to "steal" anything.

If you would like to keep getting worksheets from others, one thing to try and work on is NOT jumping down their throught with nasty emails and tattling.

I have read several messages regarding this topic, and it seems like it is the same few who like to tattle and try to ruin it for the rest of us. Please think before you write your comments - is anyone checking your work?

24 Dec 2008      

MadMadamMim
Serbia

Precisely. To me it is inconceivable how people who write such rude comments and messages can teach anyone anything. I pity their students, especially if they are children. Somebody needs to teach those individuals how to be polite. Even if someone did use a printable from another site/ resource do you really have to write stolen in capitals, several times? Would you do it in real life (yell stolen! stolen! stolen!)? Maybe they were unaware of the rules, so why not just report them then? This way you will chase them away and maybe, just maybe they had some valuable material of their own. I also saw some very rude comments about the quality of some printables. If you don�t like them, then simply do not download them. We�re here to share, and nobody is getting paid for the printables they upload, it�s all voluntary and that�s the beauty of it. We all need to learn to appreciate what we are given.
However, this type of people is (luckily) rare on eslprintables, and the wonderful words of encouragement and amazing materials make up for it and more.

24 Dec 2008     

ESL
United States

Thank you MadMadam-

by the way, your work is beautiful, and thank YOU for sharing...

Not that I condone not giving kudos to whoever helps you out, just like we have mentors for first year teachers in our school districts - those "elders" who give advice to the newbies, think of teaching as a recipe - the best ones are from your great grandma who has handed them down from generations - throughout the years, you add your favorite ingredients to the mix...

I think this site is great, and I enjoy being a part of it..

Happy holidays from outside of Chicago, Illinois!

24 Dec 2008     

Zora
Canada

Hey there Miss Illinois (sounds like a beauty queen LOL )

I am very sorry that some people here have made you feel unwelcome. Unfortunately, you will soon find that this "stolen" business and accusing publicly is a never ending thing by some. I (and a few others) have complained countless times about how undignified it is to do such a thing. Especially since a few times people have been accused unjustly.

Try not to worry too much about it. Take your concerns to Victor and let him decide if he thinks such a worksheet is indeed stolen if you feel wronged. Although, I know how little comforting that is after the fact. Confused

Anyways, hope you enjoy the site, there are wonderful people here and if you ever need help feel free to ask me or any other of the members.

Cheers,
Linda

PS: MERRY CHRISTMAS!!

24 Dec 2008     

alien boy
Japan

Miss ESL of Illinois

Welcome to ESLPrintables.com

Please don�t be put off. As the wonderful Zora & MadMadamMim have said, there is far more good than bad here!

Have a wonderful holiday time & think good thoughts.

Cheers,
B-)

24 Dec 2008     

ESL
United States

Thanks all, happy holidays

24 Dec 2008     

cheezels
New Zealand

IF YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT YOUR WORKSHEETS CAFE CONVERSATIONS: Actually I am one of the people who reported your worksheets as they WERE copied direct from a website and I even referenced EVERY PAGE.
So I do not apologise for my heading COPIED STRAIGHT FROM A WEBSITE with the direct link because that is exactly what you did with your "cafe questions".
I know that website well and recognised everything you had copied directly.
I reported every single one. (And there was numerous worksheets that day)

Victor himself even wrote a comment on one thread, I just can�t find it at the moment and HE AGREES THAT THESE ARE THE RULES. HIS RULES.

Furthermore I was not nasty about it. I have no idea who else may have written to you or what exactly you are talking about.

As for your comment about "is anyone checking your work?" Well I  don�t care if anyone does because I KNOW it is MINE. Even though I use many books and worksheets from all over when teaching, I KNOW that on this site I can only send in and contribute the ones that I MADE MYSELF.

The rules:

Please remember:

You cannot send printables taken from other websites or publications. They must be your own creations.

We only accept ESL resources written in English language. A frame, a border or a single drawing is not an ESL resource. Remember that this website is not a clipart collection.

If your contribution is a copy from other website or from a book your account in ESLprintables will be cancelled.

If you have a worksheet that you didn�t make yourself (borrowed from a colleage teacher, for example) DON�T SEND IT. It might be taken from this or another website, and you would be banned from eslprintables.com

Don�t send useless documents. Nobody will download them and you�ll get 0 points.

25 Dec 2008     

cheezels
New Zealand

You can read Victors view on this here, you will need to scroll down the page.
http://www.eslprintables.com/forum/topic.asp?id=3059

25 Dec 2008     

alien boy
Japan

Thanks for the feedback & news cheezels. I know I respect you, your work & your feedback - I hope this will help Miss ESL of Illinois in the future!

26 Dec 2008     

alien boy
Japan

Here are Victor�s comments - just scroll down & you�ll find them!

Cheers, B-)

26 Dec 2008