Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning worksheets > Worksheets    

Worksheets

ductam
Vietnam

Worksheets

I also want to talk some thing about the stolen wss.
Actually, when i registered in this website, i didn�t pay much attention to the regulation and once i posted a ws which i had described that i saw that game on the internet but i didn�t remember the name of the website. However, there were still some people who gave their big letters "STOLEN!" on my comment. I was very disappointed not because of their comment but because we are teachers and we can�t be so rude like that and i think it�s not obviously a good attitute for our students to learn.
so why don�t we remind them of the regulation before writting such a disappointing letter "Stolen!" on their comment. I think that many people don�t pay much attention to the regulation when they join in this website.It�s a much more polite way to them.
Just a few words to express my opinion.
Wish you a merry Christmas and a happy New Year!

24 Dec 2008      

mrnicolas
Argentina

I COMPLETELY AGREE WITH YOUR WORDS.... THERE ARE SOME PEOPLE WHO ARE HERE JUST TO BE A KIND OF COPS AND NOT TO SHARE WS!! I JUST PITY THEM

24 Dec 2008     

Logos
Malaysia

Everyone must be made aware that there is a formal reporting procedure for informing the webmaster of �illegal� or inappropriate worksheets submitted to the website and this should be the first line of action of anyone seeing such a worksheet.

There is also the facility to report to others that the worksheet is suspect by writing in the comments facility and for this I would concur that people just writing stolen, stolen, stolen would seem to be a little childish.  A note however could be written in the comments that this particular worksheet has been reported as copied and put the reference to the copied worksheet in the comments so that people who want to download the work can go to the originator of the work - after all, people wanted the worksheet in the first place and so why not direct them to the originator, instead of just �shouting� stolen, stolen stolen.

It is up to Victor to make the ultimate decision about the status of people who copy others worksheets or take from other sites - and I am sure that if the same name keeps getting reported then he will take appropriate action to cancel their accounts.

But please, I agree with the plea, let us be a bit more civilised about this - still reporting but not shouting.

24 Dec 2008     

alex1968
Greece

Besides, if someone sees something they like on the net that they�d like to share with the forum, all they need to do is post the link and members can go to the website themselves.  We do that all the time here like Orit just did. 
We avoid copying something from the net, pasting it onto word and then presenting it as our own.

Happy Holidays Candycane to everyone from sunny but cold Thessaloniki (northern Greece)

24 Dec 2008     

victor
Spain

I understand those who "shout" STOLEN,STOLEN,...
When you see a copied printable it means that the user:
1. Didn�t read the terms of use when s/he registered.
2. Didn�t read the welcome email.
3. Didn�t read the instructions in the uploading page, in bold and red.
What makes you think that they will read the messages, if you don�t "shout"?
Anyway, let�s keep calm. If they continue ignoring the messages, they will get banned from the website. That�s all. There is no need to shout them.
I prefer comments like this:

We would like to see your own creations. If you need help to make them you can find wonderful tutorials in this website.

(And report as stolen, of course.)

Anyway, I want to say that those users that report stolen worksheets are doing something very important for this website. They are not here just to be cops, mrnicolas. In fact, they are usually the best contributors, that spend hours creating wonderful worksheets and get very dissapointed when they see users getting points for a copied worksheet.
Mrnicolas, I think your post is a good example of what we should avoid: rude words in capital letters.

24 Dec 2008     

jecika
Serbia

I coudn�t agree more with Logos ... there is really no need for writing STOLEN STOLEN STOLEN because there are other ways of drawing everyone�s attention to the fact that the worksheet is not original 

Here is a perfect example of how it should be done ... in a nice and polite manner

posted by meuge
Not yours!
You shouldn�t do this... It isn�t so difficult to create your own worksheet. Then you can upload it here and everyone will eagerly download it... But don�t use other people�s work....

besides, there is a possibility of reporting a worksheet to Victor who will take care of the matter as he always does

I myself have a comment STOLEN !!!!!!! on my second most downloaded worksheet but the person who posted it did it by mistake and apologized ... but I still feel very bad about it

So, please if you don�t have nothing better to say than STOLEN ! STOLEN ! STOLEN ! ... then don�t do it ... just report the worksheet and end of story

And one more thing ... I have had a �pleasure� of my worksheets uploaded by other members for several times ... I don�t remember posting comments like THIS IS MY WORKSHEET ... SHAME ON YOU ... MAKE YOUR OWN ... again ... just report it to Victor and things will be solved in the best way possible

Keep in mind that there are new members not completely aware of the rules ... it does take some time to realize how things work here

Best of luck to everyone

24 Dec 2008     

vanda51
Portugal

I couldn�t  agree more with you all. We must avoid harsh words, unpolite manners, and we shouldn�t "shout" Stolen, even when we  spend hours creating a worksheet and someone in just 2 minutes  upload our work.
Now I wonder my dear friends: Would you be so polite if you saw tree of your worksheets uploaded by another member in a single day?  Shouldn�t I write "This is my worksheet"? Am I beeing a cop just because I don�t think it�s fair?

I can only add: Thank you very much to all the members who wrote that those worksheets are actually Stolen.

Best regards

Vanda

24 Dec 2008     

blizzard1
Denmark

In principal I do agree with all of you in that just writing STOLEN ! STOLEN ! STOLEN ! does not sound too civilized and it�s rude. I am one of them who writes that so I�ll try to be more polite in the future. I do not play cop but I just try to warn other members and I report the matter to Victor.
When I see all the work and effort that many members put into creating a ws, I sometimes get very upset at the people who just copy others work and upload it as if it were their own. This people are not honest at all and that�s what makes me so angry.
Some people try to excuse themselves by saying that they weren�t aware of the rules, but I don�t buy that one because all the rules and regulations of this site are clearly explained. I know we all make mistakes and some people have made and gathered wss for such a long time, that sometimes you do believe that it�s your own. If that happens you just delete it from the site and that�s it.

I have noticed that the saying "once a thief always a thief" applies to the people who just join the site to take advantage of us. Most of these people�s work is stolen and we are not talking about a one time mistake when they keep on uploading others work.

Take a look at these two recent examples:

green street

immortal71

I hope my words don�t offend the members of this wonderful site. I just don�t want the spirit of this site to be spoiled by a few people who do not get what eslprintables is all about.

SORRY FOR SENDING THIS MESSAGE DURING THE HOLIDAYS Unhappy

24 Dec 2008     

frenchfrog
France

I spend hours making my worksheets and see so many members doing the same. I can�t help defending them everytime I see one of their printables stolen. So far, I have been lucky, none of my printables has been uploaded. I don�t know how I would react if it happened, probably not as bad as when I see Vanda�s, Jecika�s, Karen�s, Icha�s, Marisa�s, Domnitza�s and many other members� printables being uploaded.

I really like the model Victor suggested:
We would like to see your own creations. If you need help to make them you can find wonderful tutorials in this website.

It will definitely be part of my New Year Resolutions.

24 Dec 2008     

eng789
Israel

I second Victor and Frenchfrog. � �
We should all learn to be a bit nicer. � �Happy Holidays to all and may all you and may all your wishes�
come true.
eng

24 Dec 2008