Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Debate Topic: Have you ever started Christmas shopping at the end of summer? (or earlier?) 2    

Debate Topic: Have you ever started Christmas shopping at the end of summer? (or earlier?) 2

Zora
Canada

Debate Topic: Have you ever started Christmas shopping at the end of summer? (or earlier?) 2

Debate Topic: Have you ever started Christmas shopping at the end of summer? (or earlier?)

Here �s this weeks topic for the people who missed it yesterday. I just want to add that I think Anna �s and Linda �s pictures are the greatest... you certainly got the Yuletide spirit! Big smile
Here �s  the topic:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/2011/sep/24/christmas-begins-early-high-street?newsfeed=true

And here are those lovely pictures and responses from yesterday.

http://www.eslprintables.com/forum/topic.asp?id=30620

Smile

28 Sep 2011      

colibrita
United Kingdom

Thanks Linda, will use the article for my classes. I love the Christmas season but it should be reserved for late November onwards. My heart goes out to poor sales staff having to listen to carols and twee Xmas muzak from summer/autum on.

28 Sep 2011     

libertybelle
United States

I love Halloween - so that comes first!
I wish I could think about Christmas to avoid the rush.

It would be fantastic to buy things at the Summer sales and just put them away til Christmas/Hanukkah -not only would things be cheaper, but we wouldn �t end up buying Winter-type presents.

Alas - I can �t think that far ahead.  (woe is me!)
I admit to being a last minute shopper..........

L

28 Sep 2011     

Olindalima ( F )
Portugal

Hi again

As I said yesterday, I �m preparing Halloween and Thanksgiving at the moment, though looking forward to start prep about Christmas.

So, just to let you know I �ve just uploaded a video, in youtube, with the famous song "My favorite things "; I �ll use it to help my students discover how much we all have to give thanks - there are so many little things that can brighten our lives. If you feel it may be useful, please, feel free to download it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZyvA3OA8u8

Linda

28 Sep 2011     

Zsuzsapszi
Hungary

Dear Linda,

I must say I start preparing for Xmas in summer. Because I have been making the Xmas present on my own for some  years. Our family isn �t a small one, so I need time to be ready.
In the first year I painted mugs and made angels from the leaves of corn, then the other year I made gobelin pictures and created angels from different kind of pasta. In the third year I made key-chains and bookmarks. Then I made window decoration for my relatives. Last year I created angels and decoration round tea candles with the technique quilling. This year I �m making key chains again, because they the older are worn out or are torn. :)
Here are some pictures of them:

Hugs,

Susan

28 Sep 2011     

Zora
Canada

Very nice handiwork Susan! You are very creative indeed. Thumbs Up

28 Sep 2011     

Zsuzsapszi
Hungary

Thanks. Embarrassed

28 Sep 2011