Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Teaching Children Grammar    

Teaching Children Grammar

trongluan
Vietnam

Teaching Children Grammar

I am going to train a group of primary school teachers in Vietnam on how to teach children grammar; nevertheless, much of my teaching experience is working with adult. Would you please give me some advice, some suggested books, or some online resources?Many many thanks in advance!

28 Sep 2011      

libertybelle
United States

Don �t quite understand - primary school teachers are also adults.

When in doubt - I use Michael Swam �s book on everyday grammar.
There are absolutely millions of worksheets on all types of grammar here
at ESLprintables.
why not download the ones you need and make a compendium for these teachers?

L

28 Sep 2011     

trongluan
Vietnam

What I mean is how to teach children grammar in term of methodology as children acquire language while adults learn the language. Do you know any books or other resources particularly designed on how to teach children grammar? Many thanks for your reply.

28 Sep 2011     

libertybelle
United States

I integrate grammar from the reading materials we use and make grammar games for the younger students.

for example:
We read a text and go hunting for nouns, verbs, adjectives etc.

We also use a book they can write in with exercises especially made for school children. But what grade are they teaching?

As I wrote before, there are lots of fun exercises for all the different grammar categories here. You can choose beginner, intermediate or advanced by writing that in the box above on this page.

28 Sep 2011