Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > teaching english to 3 years old children    

teaching english to 3 years old children

piedadrosell
Spain

teaching english to 3 years old children

Hello friends
Could you give me any ideas to do with children of three years old after listening a story?
Thanks in advance.

28 Sep 2011      

ueslteacher
Ukraine

Could you do some sort of clapping true and false (two times for true and one for false or else clap vs. no clap)? Another one is ordering the pics according to the events in the story. A chant about the main character? Or is it too complicated for such little children. Honestly, I �ve never taught 3-year-olds apart from my own.
Sophia

28 Sep 2011     

lapaoiza
Argentina

HI Piedad, how are you?
What I always do when I teach 3 year-olds is to mainly enphasize in the vocabulary I want them to learn.
For example, today, I told them the story of a Little Appleseed which wanted to become a Big Appletree.
While telling the story I repeated several times the most important words of it and then ask the children to repeat retelling me the story.
Today, they drew what they liked most about the story, so I asked them which part it was and why, so they repeated again. Of course they help each other when they don�t remember words, etc.
A song is always helpful, or a video... it depends on the story and the time you have.
I hope this is useful for you.
Kisses.

Paola

29 Sep 2011     

piedadrosell
Spain

thanks for helping

1 Oct 2011