Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > could you help me to traslate in correct form a short mexican and interesting story?    

could you help me to traslate in correct form a short mexican and interesting story?

JACMIS
Mexico

could you help me to traslate in correct form a short mexican and interesting story?

HI THERE, HOW ARE YOU?

Could somebody help me to traslate in correct form a short  argentina and interesting story?

is for participate at school in a joint examination with my coworkers, I have a translation but I would like to have your point of view...

in advance thanks.

La automovilista (negro el vestido, negro el pelo, negros los ojos pero con la cara tan p�lida que a pesar del mediod�a parec�a que en su tez se hubiese detenido un rel�mpago) vio en el camino a una muchacha que hac�a se�as para que parara. Par�.

� �Me llevas? Hasta el pueblo no m�s �dijo la muchacha.

�Sube �dijo la automovilista. Y el auto arranc� a toda velocidad por el camino que bordeaba la monta�a.

�Muchas gracias �dijo la muchacha con un gracioso moh�n� pero, �no tienes miedo de levantar por el camino a personas desconocidas? Podr�an hacerte da�o. �Esto est� tan desierto!

� No, no tengo miedo.

� �Y si levantaras a alguien que te atraca?

� No tengo miedo.

� �Y si te matan?

� No tengo miedo.

� �No? Perm�teme presentarme �dijo entonces la muchacha, que ten�a los ojos grandes, l�mpidos, imaginativos y enseguida, conteniendo la risa, fingi� una voz cavernosa �. Soy la Muerte, la M-u-e-r-t-e.

La automovilista sonri� misteriosamente.

En la pr�xima curva el auto se desbarranc�.

La muchacha qued� muerta entre las piedras. La automovilista sigui� a pie y al llegar a un cactus desapareci�.

30 Sep 2011      

JACMIS
Mexico

DEATH
Enrique Anderson Imbert (Argentina)
The driver who was wearing black dress, and look like his face so pale midday but with despite black hair, black eyes , his complexion seemed that lightning he was driving on the way when suddenly looked a young girl who was asking for a ride. He stopped.
- can you give me a ride to the nearest town? She said

-Up �said the motorist. And the car started speeding down the road that skirted the mountain.
�Thank you � said the girl with a pretty pout,

but Don�t you think it is dangerous to ride with strangers?  They could hurt you.
This is so empty!

- I don�t think so.

What about if someone steal you?
- I have no fear.
- What about if a murderer kill you?
- I have no fear.
- No?
So, let me introduce myself, �said the girl, who had big, clear, imaginative eyes and then, to laugh, pretended a hollow voice -. I am Death, the M-u-e-r-t-e.

- What about if someone docks you?
- I have no fear.
- What about if you get killed?
- I have no fear.
- No? Let me introduce myself then, �said the girl, who had big eyes, clear, imaginative and then, to laugh, pretended a hollow voice -. I am Death, D e a t h
The motorist smiled mysteriously.
In the next turn the car cliff.
The girl was dead among the rocks. The motorist followed on foot and on reaching a cactus disappeared.

30 Sep 2011     

BlancaNC
United States

Wow, you haven �t studied at all!  What is that, a google translation???  Is this an Argentinian or Mexican story?

30 Sep 2011     

edrodmedina
United States

DEATH
Enrique Anderson Imbert (Argentina)
The driver,  dressed in black ,with dark eyes, dark hair, and despite it being midday, his complexion pale as if it had been struck by lightning, was driving when he spotted (saw)  a young girl who was asking for (hitching) a ride. He stopped.
- Can you give me a ride to town? She said

-Get in �said the driver. And the car quickly sped down the road that skirted the mountain.
�Thank you � said the girl with a pretty pout, but don�t you think it is dangerous to give  ride to strangers?  They could hurt you.
This is so deserted!

- I�m not afraid.

What about if someone steals from you? (What if someone mugs (or assaults) you?)
- I have no fear.
- What about if someone kills you?
- I have no fear.
- No?

- No? Then let me introduce myself, �said the girl, who had big, clear, and imaginative eyes. Holding back a smile she said with a hollow voice -. I am Death, D-e- a- t- h
The motorist smiled mysteriously. (ominously)
In the next sharp curve the car ran off the road.
The girl was dead among the rocks. The driver continued on foot and upon reaching a cactus disappeared.

30 Sep 2011     

moravc
Czech Republic

abridged translation (but Ed �s version is BETTER !)
http://www.efc.dcccd.edu/er/lac/HSpTrLaMuerte.asp

El Fantasmo - a story by Enrique Anderson-Imbert:
http://beachmount.wordpress.com/2011/04/14/el-fantasmo-by-enrique-anderson-imbert-translated-to-english/

30 Sep 2011     

JACMIS
Mexico

Thanks a lot.

you�re awesome���������

1 Oct 2011