Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Theme of the Day    

Theme of the Day

Mariethe House
France

Theme of the Day

I invite you to checkt "theme of the day" at the caf�. It is a new game that involves no competition , just pleasure of exchanging pictures, photos, quotes, cartoons, your own reflexions, poems, songs films etc.. whatever comes to your busy and tired mind Big smile You will forget the hustle of life for a few minutes!Smile
Today´s topic is poetry image.

4 Oct 2011      

almaz
United Kingdom

I don �t normally go to the caf�, Mariethe, but the idea of �poetry � + �image � tickled me. I was amazed, then, to see the image accompanying Frank �s poem. The post-war picture of the two wee Gorbals urchins is well-known to Glaswegians. If anyone is interested, the story behind the photo is here (sadly, both boys are now dead). There �s another, possibly better-known, image of Gorbals kids by the Scots-Italian photographer, Oscar Marzaroli:

No caption needed!

4 Oct 2011