Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > Looking for grammar game activities please.    

Looking for grammar game activities please.

Redbull
Thailand

To all you dear teachers out there!

Please I need your help as I have been looking and searching for some game activities for grammar work and to make up some lesson plans for these.

But have come a cropper looking for them on the internet search.

Here is my list of grammar game activities.

(1) Recognising related causes in a causal chain.

(2) Making predictions with WILL.

(3) Using will with so that.   

"EXAMPLE"

Some drivers drink a lot of caffeinated drinks in order to stay awake.

Some drivers drink a lot of coffee so that they will stay awake.

Expressing future possibility with If clauses.

"EXAMPLE"

( money managers / be discipline / achieve financial goals)

If money managers are disciplined, they will achieve financial goals.

And any activity games with the help of brainstorming for writing and editing a paragraph.

Your kindness and responses are, and most certainly would be very much appreciated in advance.

Thanks for any help on these.

REDBULL GIVES YOU WINGS YOU KNOWWink

5 Oct 2011      

moravc
Czech Republic

If + will - chain story - a story of a child.
One day a boy colled Jack comes home from school. He has a test tomorrow. What will happen if he studies / doesn �t study for the test?
A. If he studies for the test, he will get a good grade. If he gets a good grade, he will study at a good secondary school. If he studies at a good secondary school, he will be able to enter a university. If he will be able to enter university, he will become a doctor. If he becomes a doctor, he will work at a hospital. If he works at a hospital, he will meet his American wife there. If he meets his American wife there, they will move to America.....
B. If he goes to the disco, he will fail the test. If he fails the test, he will not have good grades. If he doesn �t have good grades, he will have to finish his studies. If he has to finish he studies, he will work as a shop assistant. If he works as a shop assistant, he will get little money. If he gets little money, he will not build a house........

so that + will - board game
use these expressions: wear warm clothes (He wears warm clothes so that he don�t get a frostbite), study law, live in the country, plan a party, read a lot, go to the gym every week, get up early, buy bio food, make my clothes, visit the poor, watch documentaries, cook dinner, teach my kids, ...

5 Oct 2011     

class centre
Belarus

Thanks, Moravc! Chain story is a great and efficient idea!
I will do it tomorrow...

5 Oct 2011