Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > HELP !!! LARGE CLASSES !!! NIGHTMARE !! o_O    

HELP !!! LARGE CLASSES !!! NIGHTMARE !! o_O

m2m2
Yemen

HELP !!! LARGE CLASSES !!! NIGHTMARE !! o_O

Hello everybody;

I �m facing a problem these days. It �s my first time to teach large classes. I have two classes within more than sixty students for each. They are all teenagers. I �m against lecturing, but what kind of activity will save time and be useful for them without losing the control or making the class mess. Could you please help me???

5 Oct 2011      

Rumeisa
Turkey

Smart board, whole activity work using LCD, competition, team work, games, video lessons, debates... 

5 Oct 2011     

flo84
France

OMG! Is that possible? 

5 Oct 2011     

valgero
Russian Federation

If you don �t have a lot of technical assistance in class, it may be a good idea to divide them into several groups, appoint a leader for each and give them more written exercises. The possibility for conversation under such awful conditions... Well, only if they are at least intermediate or are very motivated... Poor you!

5 Oct 2011     

m2m2
Yemen

Well, there is lack of technical assistance and all the students are still beginners. I �ll try to use your tips Valgero.. but I think it will be  challenging ... Thank you all for sharing your idea with me .

6 Oct 2011