Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Cannot embed youtube-Videos    

Cannot embed youtube-Videos

languaria
Germany

Cannot embed youtube-Videos

Hi,
anybody out there who �s got the same problem and/or knows a solution to my problem?
I know how to embed videos to online worksheets - it only does not work! The only thing that happens is that you can see the code but not the video. Up to now I �ve saved and re-opened it, deleted it and written a new one - but there is only the code. Is there any new trick?
Thanks in advance for your help!
languaria

5 Oct 2011      

Zora
Canada

Hello languaria,

Youtube has updated it �s embedding codes and the new ones don �t work for us.
To get the codes to work, you have to look under box that they give you with the new codes, and you will see another button with the word "embed" on it. Click on it and you will see a bunch of options, the last one is "use old embedding code". If you select that one, it should work for you.

Cheers,
Linda

5 Oct 2011     

Olindalima ( F )
Portugal

Hi

I �m not sure what you really need and after reading Linda �s answer , everything turned a little bit darker. ( What are uou talking about, Linda ? I can �t see any difference - ????!!!!! )

Now, what I do is just like this, watch the picture:

Blue arrow first - Compartilhar ( = sharing )

When you click there another pop up opens  - the red arrow - there is your embed code.

This is the way I do it and it hasn �t changed recently, I have just tried it, right now.

Another usual problem relates with browsers - sometimes Explorer and Safari don �t work the same way - I work with Firefox.

I have just taught you everything I know, now , you are as a good  teacher as me - LOL.

Good luck

Linda

5 Oct 2011     

Zora
Canada

Well, my dear Linda Wink... The English version of Youtube has a slightly different view.

6 Oct 2011     

languaria
Germany

Thank you so much!

I think both answers are really helpful - not only for me! At least I managed it by incidence, but now I really know what to do.

Youtube gives me the information that you get, Olindalima, but I cannot work with firefox, only the explorer works fine. Strange, isn �t it?

Have a very nice day!

Petra

6 Oct 2011