Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Art and Cultural understanding    

Art and Cultural understanding

nickbean
Spain

Art and Cultural understanding

Hi hello

I hope that you all have a wonderfull weekend.
I have just started to consider what i will be preparing with my children in regards to contact with other schools.  
Next year i would like to organize an art project with schools from around Europe with the theme Culture understanding avoiding conflict
The topic might be peace traditions or some thing else,the project would involve schools painting designing a poster of exsprestion.Each school that participated would in turn receive the collection of posters to have an exhabition with in there school to raise funds for the school or a charity of there choosing. 
Do you think that any of your children �classes would be interested. 
Some ideas of the lay out plan are as follows and the difference from the American idea is that all participants will be able to hold an exhibition if they choose to.

European youth Murals would illustrate students unique cultures and communities or concepts they believe represent friendship or peace. Murals might include flags,landscapes,landmarks,notable citezens-leaders,festivals,holidays,holydays,and native cuisines,clothing,or proverbs. Students might choose to predict their schools, homes or them selves.

Students have no limit as far as imaginations.

Who might participate

Students aged 4-19

Number

A class, group may submit a maximum of two murals.

Exhibits

The line of exhibitions would start with this school Elizabeth in Catalonia Spain and then move on to the next nearest school.

Murals would be exhibited at galleries chosen by the participating schools.

All schools that participate would have the option of displaying the murals within their chosen gallery or school They might choose to charge an entrance fee or have a donation box at a point in the exhibition and choose a charity or use the funds to help with school materials or postage fees.

The participating schools would have the responsibility of forwarding the murals on to the next participating school.

Awards and Recognition

Approximately four  murals would be selected to receive awards according to three categories:

Primary, middle and secondary-school.

Winning schools-groups would receive a small prize and all participating schools would receive a certificate of appreciation for their participation.
Regards
 Teacher Nick

7 Oct 2011      

Mariethe House
France

What a GREAT idea! I wish I was still teachin and I sure would get involved! Hope you get some positive answers! Good luck on your project and tell us how it goes!Smile

8 Oct 2011