Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Which one is the correct?    

Which one is the correct?

Akanah
Spain

Which one is the correct?

Hi, what would you say?

1) 

a. Did you buy anything interesting at the weekend?
b. Did you make anything interesting at the weekend? (we don �t "make" something interesting, we "do" something...)

2) 

a. Did you have a beach holiday? (it sounds weird...)
b. Could you go to the beach on your holiday?
c. Was your holiday coastal? (I �ve never heard this one before...)

Thaks,

Olga

9 Oct 2011      

Apodo
Australia

1)

a. Did you buy anything intesting at the weekend?  OK (I know you went shopping)
b. Did you do anything interesting at the weekend? OK ( I know nothing about your weekends)

Did you make anything interesting would only be used if the speaker knew you usually did some kind of craft/ cooking etc.

2)

a. Did you have a beach holiday?  This is OK, if you knew the person had been on a holiday, but you weren �t sure where.
A more common use would be �We had a beach holiday this year, but we usually go to the mountains.

b.Could you.... Not correct unless you knew that there was some problem with their ability to get to the beach.
Could you go to the beach on your holiday or was the road still closed?
Did you go to the beach on your holiday? (this is the usual way to ask)

c. Was your holiday coastal? (This sounds very odd) I would say Did you go to the coast?

9 Oct 2011     

Akanah
Spain

thank you very much. Have a great Sunday!

Olga

9 Oct 2011